PDA

View Full Version : Private Message.

Ubuntu2014
12-14-2014, 04:32 AM
Hello. I found no place to ask this question so I have posted it here. I want my username to be changed for privacy reasons. I tried to send a private message to webmaster but I was unable to do so. Once this happens, I have a C language question to post.

Salem
12-14-2014, 05:07 AM
I've PM'ed webmaster for you.

webmaster
12-14-2014, 02:25 PM
What would you like your new username to be?

Ubuntu2014
12-14-2014, 08:20 PM
What would you like your new username to be?
Ubuntu2014

webmaster
12-14-2014, 11:14 PM
Done!

Ubuntu2014
12-15-2014, 01:55 AM
Done!
Initially I tried to login with my previous username but couldn't do so. I came to know about my new username because you replied to this thread and because I had subscribed to this thread. But what if I had not subscribed to this thread ? Then I might have lost access to the account. So, one suggestion : If someone's username is changed, that person should receive an email describing that.
By the way, I thank you for changing the username.

grumpy
12-15-2014, 04:44 AM
You requested the change of username. If you subsequently couldn't login with your old username, logic would suggest trying the new username that you had requested. Even if you hadn't received notification.

Elysia
12-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Initially I tried to login with my previous username but couldn't do so. I came to know about my new username because you replied to this thread and because I had subscribed to this thread. But what if I had not subscribed to this thread ? Then I might have lost access to the account. So, one suggestion : If someone's username is changed, that person should receive an email describing that.
By the way, I thank you for changing the username.

You could also have browsed back to this thread to check if your username was actually changed, and if not, try to email webmaster for support.