PDA

View Full Version : da reaches a turning point

doubleanti
04-28-2002, 10:48 PM
i'm so excited about going to uni in but a few short months... ECE baby! :) i'm also excited about going to classes this summer at the local CC... so i'm wondering... how many of us here are either still in high-school, probably not thinking about college at the moment... and how many of us are after that point, and perhaps the excitement of finally deciding your next four years at uni, has already past...

:) yay! :)

shtarker
04-28-2002, 11:12 PM
This is my last year of high school.
March next year is when I start uni, depending on how good i go this year that is.

mithrandir
04-29-2002, 12:38 AM
This is my last year of uni, and next year it's $$$ :D

doubleanti
04-29-2002, 12:40 AM
what degree, BS? and what major? CS? ECE? :)

dbaryl
04-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by doubleanti
what degree, BS? and what major? CS? ECE? :)

Is it me, or does a BS degree sound a little weird?

Sentaku senshi
04-29-2002, 01:28 AM
Two more years of High school after this year, then it's off to collage some where. Then ? is known.

and good for you going to collage.

mithrandir
04-29-2002, 05:52 AM
>> what degree, BS? and what major? CS? ECE? :)<<

I'm doing a BIS (Bachelor of Information Systems).

>>Is it me, or does a BS degree sound a little weird?<<

Here's a good joke to tell your friends...

You: "Hey guess what, I got a great new job yesterday!"
Them: "Really? Doing what? Where?"
You: "I'm the new CEO of BS Industries"

:D

Govtcheez
04-29-2002, 11:38 AM
BS = obvious
MS = more of the same
PhD = Piled higher and deeper

I've got a year and a half left, then it's time to make money and lead an empty, unfulfilling life like the rest of the adults.

no-one
04-29-2002, 01:16 PM
my life ends this fall...i....might start...college!!

VirtualAce
04-29-2002, 11:51 PM
I have one degree in a non-computer field and am pursuing a second degree in the computer field. However, that all requires cash which at the moment I'm trying to secure from a job in programming. So I'm in the middle of a career change and finally taking the plunge into the programming industry. I'll probably be a nobody on some dev team somewhere for quite some time till I gain experience, projects, and more knowledge.

However, the thought of university at the moment does not really send me into a frenzied excitement. It's more like, been there done that...man, gotta do it again.

:)

doubleanti
04-30-2002, 12:12 AM
Bubba, what was your degree in?