PDA

View Full Version : Crackers

Witch_King
09-19-2001, 05:00 PM
Don't you think they should get the death penalty? I don't care if they are 15 yr olds. I think that they should get the leathal injection or assasination just as any terrorist or spy.

Fordy
09-19-2001, 05:03 PM
Man your really taking this nimda stuff to heart huh?

Did you lose much??

-KEN-
09-19-2001, 05:17 PM
maybe now's a good time to mention I wanna get into comp./network security as a career?

Witch_King
09-19-2001, 05:25 PM
This virus took out my computer and I'm running all the updates. SP2, IE6, etc. I'm seriously questioning my strategy as a programmer. It's obvious that there will never be internet security. I might take my computer offline and just have one computer online.

Right now Win9X is very safe because crackers are now targeting WinNT/2K. I just think that a programmer has to fight back, should invest some time into thinking. I don't know if I want to support the internet.

Fordy
09-19-2001, 05:43 PM
>>This virus took out my computer

That sucks man...... I know its one of the most stressful things......

no-one
09-19-2001, 06:27 PM
firewalls...

Unregistered
09-19-2001, 06:32 PM
i think i should make shirts whit this on them :)

"hacking is not a crime"

as for the security of win9x boxes they are pretty secure unless your a fool and have file/sharing enabled

that is unless you run into some of our leet members... but most of us dont care about any personnal doze boxes

no-one
09-19-2001, 06:35 PM
nobody 'leet' haxors 9x its far to simple...

iain
09-19-2001, 06:35 PM
you should be behind a firewall, they put your machine in stealth mode and its very difficult to hack/crack a protected machine. Even better access through a proxy and a software firewall.

Just set all fireall settings to high, theres o point setting all browser settings to high because your browsing is too restricted ands theres endless warning messages
firewalls are the key - hardware and software