PDA

View Full Version : X vs Y ( or: X sucks )

nvoigt
04-14-2002, 02:44 AM
>"NEVER ASK WHICH IS BETTER X or Y,"

Well, here we go. This is the ultimate X vs Y thread. If you have some stereotypes to spare, religious statements to make, if you are murdered or a murderer, terrorist or terrorised, if you simply know your oppinion is the best and only valid, feel free to dump it here without any hints or clues how it can be validated or invalidated. Don't be afraid to post bible parts, language specifications or speed test comparing VB and COBOL.

I'll make a start be saying:

Bubblegum suns suck, because of the pink elephants ruling China.

What is your oppinion ?

Shiro
04-14-2002, 02:52 AM
Hmmm. Well, I doubt if there are pink elephants ruling China, since Shannon stated:

The logarithmic measure is more convenient for various reasons:

1. It is practically more useful. Parameters of engineering importance such as time, bandwidth, number
of relays, etc., tend to vary linearly with the logarithm of the number of possibilities. For example,
adding one relay to a group doubles the number of possible states of the relays. It adds 1 to the base 2
logarithm of this number. Doubling the time roughly squares the number of possible messages, or
doubles the logarithm, etc.

2. It is nearer to our intuitive feeling as to the proper measure. This is closely related to (1) since we intuitively
measures entities by linear comparison with common standards. One feels, for example, that
two punched cards should have twice the capacity of one for information storage, and two identical
channels twice the capacity of one for transmitting information.

3. It is mathematically more suitable. Many of the limiting operations are simple in terms of the logarithm
but would require clumsy restatement in terms of the number of possibilities.

face_master
04-14-2002, 05:52 AM
Long live the all-mighty Z ;)

ErionD
04-14-2002, 06:33 AM
LOL :D :D :D

CollegeGirl
04-14-2002, 07:10 AM
A: "blah blah blah", that's my opinion & i don't care what you think because my opinion is right!!

B: "another sorta blah's", that's the truth because it's what i think & i know what you said is wrong without even reading it!!

Don't you just love these lovely consevations we always have in here? :)

>>Bubblegum suns suck, because of the pink elephants ruling China.

What is your oppinion ?<<

they weren't pink elephants you <insert all kinda words that would turn into *'s>!!!!!!!!! they were blue cats!!! :P

nvoigt
04-14-2002, 08:25 AM
>they were blue cats!!!

What ? ****ed ****** **** *** **** ****ing **** ? **** !

:p

CollegeGirl
04-14-2002, 09:04 AM
>>What ? ****ed ****** **** *** **** ****ing **** ? **** ! <<

YOU *'S!!!! they were blue cats mister *'s!!!!!!!!!

btw typing *'s is way easier than typing ********************!! :P

oh i forgot the second type of "lovely" conversations that you'll always find it in here when someone start talking & then finds out he's wrong you'll probably find "you don't make sense" in his post like 2 million times! & he'll just start using some confusing logic to confuse everyone so know one will tell him "you're wrong!"

Sentaku senshi
04-14-2002, 11:00 AM
They both suck since problems that have x and y varibles have to be graphed. I hate graphing.

ex y=4x^2 * 9x + 2

nvoigt
04-14-2002, 11:51 AM
>he'll just start using some confusing logic to confuse everyone

What ? You don't make sense. Get a life.

:p:p:p:D

>I hate graphing.

Fear, Anger, Aggression... they only lead to the dark side. And the dark side guys never get any nice women. There is no try. Go ahead and do some graphing. Size doesn't matter. Oh, and make sure she's not your sister ;)

doubleanti
04-14-2002, 12:00 PM
X: The Independant Variable

ygfperson
04-14-2002, 12:18 PM
Y: The Underachiever

dbaryl
04-14-2002, 12:46 PM
...and in x-y-z, is there really an independent variable?

I personally like the polar coordinates, you can make some cool graphs, like a "soicle"<< circle. =)

...and I believe it wasn't pink elephants nor blue cats, but lot's of flying monkeys.

xlnk
04-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Z, without Z, no 3d games, ahhhhhhhhhh

i have to say X to, causes its in my handle <-.

relating to games, without X, there would be no strafing. ahhhhhh

ErionD
04-14-2002, 01:35 PM
Fear, Anger, Aggression... they only lead to the dark side. And the dark side guys never get any nice women. There is no try. Go ahead and do some graphing. Size doesn't matter. Oh, and make sure she's not your sister

You really are weird :D:D:D:D:P

Magos
04-14-2002, 02:04 PM
seX

lightatdawn
04-14-2002, 06:15 PM
What?!?!? There are too many people voting for Z! Everyone knows f(x) = y! Cant you people open your eyes?!?

;) ... Good poll nvoigt.

shtarker
04-14-2002, 06:50 PM
>>...and I believe it wasn't pink elephants nor blue cats, but lot's of flying monkeys.

Thats just stupid.
We all know its a global conspiricy. China's run by a shadow government, placed in power by the dairy companies to cover up its wide spread acceptance of soy milk for use on thier ceral.
And where's that other poll I voted for?

face_master
04-14-2002, 08:53 PM
>>What?!?!? There are too many people voting for Z! Everyone knows f(x) = y!

What's this? A traitor to the our mastter, Z?? Garuds! Get the big pot of boiling oil! Resistance is futile!

minesweeper
04-15-2002, 06:10 AM
I'm sorry but you are all wrong!!! Baa Baa Black Sheep didn't produce 3 bags of wool, under European law he was only allowed to produce 2!!

So there!!!!

ygfperson
04-15-2002, 08:05 PM
http://www.non-sequitur.com/index.php3?inmonth=4&inday=14&inyear=2002&x=19&y=13

Strider
04-16-2002, 05:32 AM
X because f(x) = y. And if you don't believe me, just ask the underpant's gnomes!

I'm sure there is a verse in the Bible on this somewhere:
And on the 25th hour of the 8th day, God created Algebra.
If thou dost not believeth in me, ask thine underpant's gnomes.
Mathematicians 2:7-8

David