PDA

View Full Version : Nimda

Pages : 1 [2]

Govtcheez
09-20-2001, 08:41 AM
Yup, it was me (wishes for middle finger smiley... this'll have to do ..|.. )....

I was jsut checking to see if you've made your move in our chess game yet.

no-one
09-20-2001, 11:23 AM
>Okay than tell me what happens when you press the security tab. Does it give you a message: <

i get no warnings no messages and it lets me change the security settings...

somehow you might be limited in your permissions to change that file so its suspect that your not truly an administrator but something dang close to it...

glad to help though.

>I think I was able to get rid of most of it but it's not an easy virus to defeat.<

yeah if it infects by attaching exe's and knows how to hide there hard to find...
gah, took me a week to get sub7 off manually, and no i didnt get hax4d i let some one put it on my sys to see what it could do and it fried itself, so i had to manually remove it.

>
I need to read up on a professional operating system, but I have not had a great chance to do it yet. Infact it invovles a lot of reading it seems. There are many books on Win2k for example. A person has to learn 1000 things before he can become proficient running a computer.
<

actually i learned most of what i know from a friend who does this for a living.

Witch_King
09-20-2001, 12:43 PM
Yeah I accidently messed with the file but it doesn't seem to have messed up my system. I just can't change the permissions any more with that file.

I am the administrator. It worked when I logged in as administrator and pressed enter. Also my other account is a member of the administrator account.

Do you know how to set a password for the administrator? I don't understand why that file is messed up but I can change permissions on other file without any problem.

rick barclay
09-20-2001, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Yup, it was me (wishes for middle finger smiley... this'll have to do ..|.. )....

I was jsut checking to see if you've made your move in our chess game yet.

Yup.

rb