PDA

View Full Version : books title for c data structures exercises

root
11-09-2012, 11:21 AM
Hi all, I'm a computer science student, I've opened this thread to ask you a title of book/ebook/site/etc where I can find exercises solved of C data structures.
At my Algorithms course we use as textbook "Alghorithms in C" by Robert Sedgewick, it's a good book, but in addition of this book I'm looking for an exercises book or everything else, with solved exercises with trees, heaps, lists, graphs etc where I can exercise me.
Searching the web I've not founded a lot, do you have some advice?
Thanks in advance and sorry for my English.

std10093
11-12-2012, 10:28 AM
I do not see anything critical wrong with your english ;)

A perfect book for me on algorithms is the one of Cormen. It has many exercises.Some of them are pretty tough!The solutions are nod provided in the book, but when i want to see how one is solved i search the net and because this book is taught in many universities there are many pdf's containing solutions for it.

Even without the solutions, i would certainly suggest it to you :)

PS - i have the greek one, so i do not know the title of the english version.Mine says : Introduction to algorithms

root
11-12-2012, 12:11 PM
first of all thank you for the answer :),
I've given a look to the contents, it seems a lot theoretical, what I'm looking for is a book or everything for the lab part, the implementation in C of the Data Structures with exercises with them, example "write a function that takes in input a binary tree and..." or "write a function that calculate the maximum element in a stack" etc just to make you an idea :).

std10093
11-12-2012, 02:10 PM
You are more than welcome.

Only K&R (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/K%26R) book comes to my mind.This is the best reference for C , but again might be not what you are looking for. Or navathe's (http://www.freedownloadsebook.com/Fundamentals-of-Database-Systems-5th-Edition_183.html) book but this one focuses on databases.

All the books i know as an answer to your question are written in Greek. :/

Advice : Ask your professor by writing an email..Sure he is going to appreciate that ;)