PDA

View Full Version : Smart World Leaders

golfinguy4
04-10-2002, 12:59 PM
What do you people think would happen if the world had intelligent leaders? Seriously, Bush=moron, Sharon=idiot, anyone else other than Blair=probably just as dumb. Anyone here how Nixon wanted to use nukes in Vietnam?? By the way, I'm an American so don't say I am pro-whatever.

P.S. The difference between a moron and an idiot is the competence level. An idiot has the mental capacity of a 3 or 4 year old, and a moron has a mental capacity of a 12 year old. There is your stupid fact of the day.

Unregistered
04-10-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by golfinguy4
What do you people think would happen if the world had intelligent leaders? Seriously, Bush=moron, Sharon=idiot, anyone else other than Blair=probably just as dumb. Anyone here how Nixon wanted to use nukes in Vietnam?? By the way, I'm an American so don't say I am pro-whatever.

P.S. The difference between a moron and an idiot is the competence level. An idiot has the mental capacity of a 3 or 4 year old, and a moron has a mental capacity of a 12 year old. There is your stupid fact of the day.

LET IT OUT MAN, LET IT OUT, :D :D

golfinguy4
04-10-2002, 01:09 PM
I gotta admit, it feels GREAT!! I feel bad for older people who know more than I do. They must be really dumbfounded by some of these people.

RobR
04-10-2002, 01:28 PM
To paraphrase an old Groucho Marx line....... I wouldn't want to be led by anyone who wanted to be my leader.

Anybody who actually wants to be a politician just has to be so self-centred & egotistical that I simply don't see how they could be interested in me!

stevey
04-10-2002, 05:44 PM
i don't think Blair is dumb, i do think he's a grinning twerp though !!! stop grinning you git !!!!!

i don't think Bobo is as dumb as he's made out to be at all, Reagan also smarter that he appeared.........

>>>P.S. The difference between a moron and an idiot is the competence level. An idiot has the mental capacity of a 3 or 4 year old, and a moron has a mental capacity of a 12 year old. There is your stupid fact of the day.

i thought there are some morons on here, but now i realise, its only cos they're 12 !!!! :D

tim545666
04-10-2002, 06:58 PM
*cough* xterria *cough* moron *cough*

stevey
04-10-2002, 07:21 PM
*cough* Golden 'Reincarnated' Bunny *cough*
*cough* aran *cough* ???????

well if they're 12, at least there's an excuse.

i haven't got one !!:)

golfinguy4
04-11-2002, 12:43 PM
I said everyone but Blair. I think he's actually pretty bright. He doesn't just basically bomb the crap out of Iraq, unlike a certain current US president.

lightatdawn
04-11-2002, 12:57 PM
A certain current US president cant even eat pretzels right (i'm sure everyones heard of that one)... Give the guy a break. You can only expect so much out of a monkey.

>>I wouldn't want to be led by anyone who wanted to be my leader.

That about sums it up.

dbaryl
04-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by RobR
To paraphrase an old Groucho Marx line....... I wouldn't want to be led by anyone who wanted to be my leader.

Anybody who actually wants to be a politician just has to be so self-centred & egotistical that I simply don't see how they could be interested in me!

OK then, I don't want to be a leader, choose me! :)

How else are we going to have political leaders, by force? Are we going to MAKE someone lead us, someone who does not want to do it?

- I do agree with the post though...

novacain
04-12-2002, 12:24 AM
I'm sure that most politicians get into it as they feel they can help / make a difference.

Self interest gets in the politicians way. Power corrupts. They learn the system is slow to change and real change is hard.
Then they learn that no choice is the right one, it is a matter of selecting the least wrong one.
Then the big companies lobbyists turn up and 'bribe' them with perks / campaign donations.
Then choices are made on what will get the most votes or loose the least. Spin doctoring appears.
They are helped by the media, as these big companies do not want you to find out that they own half the country and pay less tax than you. They become members of the elite and want the staus quo to continue.

Ours lie openly. "There will never ever be a GST." , "kids were thrown overboard." They quote reports containing what they have said, to prove what they have said is correct. You know you need a new prime minister when the New York Times gets his name wrong.

They get away with it because most people are to lazy / self obsessed to try to change it.

Those that are not to lazy become politicans full of ideas to change society and the cycle continues.

"You know I could run for governor but I'm basically a media creation. I've never done anything. I've worked for my dad. I worked in the oil business. But that's not the kind of profile you have to have to get elected to public office"
GWB 1989

stevey
04-12-2002, 01:46 PM
>>>You know I could run for governor but I'm basically a media creation. I've never done anything. I've worked for my dad. I worked in the oil business. But that's not the kind of profile you have to have to get elected to public office"
GWB 1989

hehe nice quote

wonder if his dad's actually running things ????

RobR
04-12-2002, 01:49 PM
- I do agree with the post though...

Heh heh heh....kinda hard not to isn't it??