PDA

View Full Version : Suicidal nut cases

Pages : [1] 2

-KEN-
04-07-2002, 03:09 PM
What is with this board and suicide? Can we put big red flashing letters somewhere that tell people we're not the suicide help line? I mean really, series has threatened to kill himself too many times to count, and always disappoints us by living another day, I can remember one more from a while ago as well (forget who) and now we've got this Ruflano kid coming out of nowhere ranting about how anus stole all of his online friends. Damnit Webmaster! I put the blame on you, because I'm feeling blamey and I think you smell like cabbage. It's always the cabbage-smelling person's fault.

Xterria
04-07-2002, 03:39 PM
:D

shtarker
04-07-2002, 03:48 PM
Don't worry normally people don't talk about suicide for long.
After a while they just stop posting all together.

Xterria
04-07-2002, 03:57 PM
After a while they just stop posting all together.

Yeah because they're dead!

Brian
04-07-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Xterria

Yeah because they're dead!

someone missed the point...

Xterria
04-07-2002, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by Brian

someone missed the point...
and it wasn't me

lightatdawn
04-07-2002, 04:34 PM
[/Mod Politeness]

Its about time someone spoke up about this, If it hadnt been Ken, it would have been me very soon. A guy can only take so much whining before he really cant bring himself to care anymore. Grow up, everyone has their own problems. Everyone else is dealing with them...

[Mod Politeness]

jdinger
04-07-2002, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by -KEN-
It's always the cabbage-smelling person's fault.

Truer words have never been spoken....

:D

Xterria
04-07-2002, 04:50 PM
Everyone else is dealing with them...

shhhyeah right

lightatdawn
04-07-2002, 05:35 PM
>>shhhyeah right

Then allow me to be more specific. I, at least, appear to be coping quite nicely. As Ken pointed out; This isnt a suicide help board. Go snivel some place else.

*ahem* Or perhaps i should say: Kindly take your problems to someone who is certified to help you with them. That more polite?

Aran
04-07-2002, 06:09 PM
yeah.. it's getting ridiculous. I'm sick of series endless mounds of horse excretions, and i'm sick of putting up with ruflano on AIM and on here. Why can't you people either commit suicide, or not talk about it? What, do you think we are going to hold a gun to your head and tell you not to commit suicide or something?

sheesh. We don't care.

doubleanti
04-07-2002, 06:46 PM
>gun to your head and tell you not to commit suicide or something?

haha that'd be sure ironic... if not suicide, then homicide...

and... y'know seems some of us are pretty insensitif about it...

webmaster
04-07-2002, 07:04 PM
Gah! I'm being blamed for this influx of suicidal urges? I can't take it anymore; everyone is against me: everyone has taken over the boards, even deciding whether or not it is a suicide help line or not. I'm going to kill myself.

Betazep
04-07-2002, 07:13 PM
I leave for a couple of days, and it is back to this crap again.

Echo your sentiments KEN... (not the webmaster part... ;))

lightatdawn
04-07-2002, 07:43 PM
The webmaster rarely shows up, but when he does... :D

>>y'know seems some of us are pretty insensitif about it...

Sometimes, DA... sometimes. You can only take so much. We're all only human after all... I think... ;)

ygfperson
04-07-2002, 07:46 PM
i assure you all, if i die, it'll be of gross incompetence. avenge my death...

Aran
04-07-2002, 08:05 PM
i am copetant(-144)

shtarker
04-07-2002, 08:55 PM
>>i assure you all, if i die, it'll be of gross incompetence. avenge my death...

What if its your own incpmetence?
Do we have to bring you back to life just to kill you again?
I mean ever since the trade embargos on Cuba its been so hard to find a good witch doctor.

ygfperson
04-07-2002, 09:04 PM
mean ever since the trade embargos on Cuba its been so hard to find a good witch doctor
what about haiti?

shtarker
04-07-2002, 09:10 PM
>>what about haiti?

I've always found that they skimp on the rat testicles, we wouldn't want him coming back as a rat now would we?

Ruflano
04-08-2002, 01:55 PM
This is it guys. This is my last post. I'm gonna kill myself. **** all of this.

incognito
04-08-2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by Ruflano

I don't think you should be toying with this Ruflano either seek help or something but stop saying you're going to kill youself on these boards, it looks bad.

Imperito
04-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Dont worry about ruf. He has already died and been reborn as a rabbit.

stevey
04-08-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by Ruflano

as a wise man once said -

Kindly take your problems to someone who is certified to help you with them.

Brian
04-08-2002, 05:24 PM
He is seeking attention. Ignore him and look at me.

[punctuation free ramble time]
surely somebody cant get suicidal over a crappy little c coding project which looks likes someones first attempt at a calculator program written in basic for a bbc computer in half an hour surely they would just go outside meet some girls fluant their strange knowledge of programming and whatnot actually programming is quite good for girls you can email them a little program which has a big heart come up on their screen with their name it may sound really geeky and sad but they like it anything unique which makes you different from all the other sport freaks who just play football all day and drink beer girls are amazing except when they dont like you but then you can shrug and say their loss and be at one i think i have a magnetic personality but some girls just seem to be the same polarity as me and they just whoosh away like im some sort of freak which i guess i am but im at ease with that hey this went from a rant about rulfanos suicidal crap to a lovebutterfly adventure with brian amazing i couldnt be more happy i think im gonna cry going outside can be boring but in the end it is rewarding get a tan lift some rocks for muscles and you are amazing dont forget to become vegetarian just in case the girl you meet happens to be a vegetarian but if they arent dont say you are a vegetarian they will only try and change and you will feel bad and avoid sluts who play with your mind i dont know why they do it i think its a power thing one thing youre flurting with them next thing you are in love with them and then they are like hahaha and you have a stomach ache for the next six months so there you go all my wisdom except for my endless programming knowledge hahaha i wish actually i am pretty pathetic at programming but i get by cos its a hobby like my guitar im crap at guitar but girls dig guitars just pretend you can play and smile although dont lie just be honest and say you are crap shell probably think its cute.

ahhhh

stevey
04-08-2002, 05:29 PM
have you been on the wacky baccy ??

still
>>>email them a little program which has a big heart come up on their screen with their name

that is actually a rather good idea !!

Xterria
04-08-2002, 05:30 PM
...very well put.
:confused:

Brian
04-08-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by stevey
have you been on the wacky backy ??

still
>>>email them a little program which has a big heart come up on their screen with their name

that is actually a rather good idea !!

uhuh
and you do

#define GF_NAME "Julie"

or whatever and just change that when you change your mind.
heh heh.

stevey
04-08-2002, 05:42 PM
like it..........Mandy in my case !!!!!

stevey
04-08-2002, 05:46 PM
which reminds me......

come on Ruf, you're only about 12 !! too young to die !!!

don't pop your cork till youve popped your cherry man !!!

Brian
04-08-2002, 05:47 PM
Do it in Dev-C++ using the Allegro plug in [static linked] means you can pack it all into one file and some computers still dont work with opengl or whatever and allegro seems to work with anything so its best to use allegro and allegro is pretty intuitive and fast too a bit of animation wont hurt but keep it simple.

in your email say

Hi! How are you
I send this file in order for your advice.
See you later. Thanks

jdinger
04-08-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Imperito
...and been reborn as a rabbit.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That is the best one I've read yet! Imperito, I've got to give you credit! That's hillarious.

A golden rabbit no less.

Brian
04-08-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by jdinger

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

That is the best one I've read yet! Imperito, I've got to give you credit! That's hillarious.

A golden rabbit no less.

oh yeah, i get it now.
hehehe its funny that he mocked himself
"suicide what an idiot" and it was him hahahhaha.

this is my mega 1000th post ever. i have no life

-KEN-
04-09-2002, 06:44 PM
At least you people agreed with me, and now this community is one whining member less ;)

When was the last time you've ever heard of a 12 year old actually killing himself?

There should be some kind of general knowledge thing: "No killing yourself until your balls have dropped and you get some friends..."

Oh well.

Cheeze-It
04-10-2002, 05:28 AM
Woh, you people are so hillarious... (That was
sarcasm)...

I can't believe how insensitive and selfish you
people are. You'd rather someone kill themselves
than bother you with their problems? This is why
the world sucks. The members of this board are
real people. They exist, and nobody deserves to
be told to "hurry up and kill yourself already."

God, do you people understand how serious this
topic is? It's death! They will actually die.
People that talk about it aren't looking for
attention, they're double-checking to see if anyone
actually cares.

If this guy is really twelve, he doesn't know the
impact of his decision. He doesn't know how
permanent this is. He can't comprehend what it
would be like for his mother to find his skull
scattered all over his bedroom floor; or forcing
her to clean up the bloody mess.

Its about time someone spoke up about this, If it
hadnt been Ken, it would have been me very soon. A
guy can only take so much whining before he really
cant bring himself to care anymore. Grow up,
everyone has their own problems. Everyone else is
dealing with them...

What the hell do you mean by "Grow up?" Only
childish people think about killing themselves?
Suicide is the 3rd leading cause of death in
people 15-24. Most of the members of this board
fall into this age-range. Just because you've
never thought about killing yourself, doesn't
mean that you're emotionally stronger than the
people who have.

If he kills himself, his blood is on all of your
hands. Not that you'd people actually care; afterall,
it doesn't directly affect any of you.

stevey
04-10-2002, 08:40 AM
i was originally very sympathetic until i realise i was responding to a post by a 12 y/o kiddie who was topping himself because of some kiddie coding gripes and handbags at 10 paces bull**** arguments online...................

anyone with a serious problem, i'd be sympathetic (cos i have experience of suicide ) but not this load of tripe........

>>>Only
people 15-24

kind of defeated your argument there !!!!

Cheeze-It
04-10-2002, 11:38 AM
>>>Only
people 15-24

kind of defeated your argument there !!!!

No, you're wrong. It didn't defeat my argument;
it only made it stonger.

The kid is 12; if he "grew up" that would put
him into the correct age range. Besides, it's
15-24... That isn't young enough to be
called childish.

Now, if it was a 35 year old, then maybe "Grow
up" would have some value (still would be insensitive).

lightatdawn
04-10-2002, 12:19 PM
>>Just because you've never thought about killing yourself

I never said that. I said that everyone has their own problems. If i had considered suicide do you suppose i would log on this board and start crying about it? That looks to me to be nothing more than a cry for attention. From my experience, anyone who is talking about it, doesnt really want to die. If they did... they'd be dead. Its like someone who takes a bottle of tylenol and then calls the doctor. What do you think the reasoning behind that is?

I've dealt (personally) with suicidal people before. On several occasions and in depth. I've come to the conclusion that the more you "support" them, the more you're supporting their theory that as long as they keep crying, people will keep talking to them. Thats not a healthy decision. They really do have to "Grow Up" and realise that they're not the only person on the planet. I'm not insensitive. The truth is the right answer, and more often then not... it hurts.

Golden Bunny
04-10-2002, 01:37 PM
hey whats up. Suicide is serious.

Cheeze-It
04-10-2002, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by lightatdawn

From my experience, anyone who is talking about it, doesnt really want to die. If they did... they'd be dead.

They wouldn't be dead. Kurt Cobain (damn straight!)
talked and wrote about suicide for years before
his first attempt. People don't just kill themselves
on the spur of the moment.

By the way, Nirvana rules.

Who knows, maybe they're crying to people on this
board because that's the only form of social-
interaction they have. Not everybody is lucky
enough to have friends, or even family. Jeez,
that may be one of the reasons they're thinking
about suicide.

http://www.ace-network.com/suicmyths.htm
http://www.tcrs211.org/suicide/myths.htm

Look at the first thing on either of those sites.
We had a whole section on suicide in my old
Psychology class; people that talk about it are
probably thinking about doing it, too.

Ouch, my neck just started hurting. I think I
pulled something. I got to go.

-KEN-
04-10-2002, 02:04 PM
But you miss the picture, ethic - all of these people have just been pulling around the people around here who ARE sympathetic to them.

Not to mention: 1) I don't know any of these people personally, they're just online personas. 2) We're not QUALIFIED to help you, we don't know you well enough to help you, and whatever we say most likely won't get through, considering all it is is text, and not a commanding voice.

Also, these people are just whining. GoldenBunny or Ruflano or whoever obviously just wanted attention "oh wah, wah! He stole my online group! Wah, wah! I can't make friends!" Damn - it's times like that I wish I could reach through the monitor and smack people.

lightatdawn
04-10-2002, 02:16 PM
Ken makes two very good points. Word up, G. ;)

1) <----- This is one of them
2) <----- This is the other one.
Read them.

>>it's times like that I wish I could reach through the monitor and smack people.

Of course you cant, you idiot, you... Only Mods can do that.

*checks Kens IP...*

*enters secret Mod thru-monitor biotch-slapping code*

*reaches back hand*

*whapeessh*

Its a good things some people here dont have static IPs... They'd be red in the face. :D Certain people (*coughseriescough*) should consider getting a firewall.

-KEN-
04-10-2002, 02:38 PM
::presses ice against cheek:: you're so lucky that you're not a member of flashdaddee...

Xterria
04-10-2002, 03:56 PM
I wish i had a turtle shell.

doubleanti
04-10-2002, 04:31 PM
hmm... i guess we aren't qualified, but i do know that whenever i'm down if anyone ever really really asks me what's up and makes sure i'm okay, goes out of their way to do it, then that makes a worlds difference...

and yes, we aren't virtual [no matter what i say i gaurantee i do exist and do have a gender, in all seriousness], we do exist... and we can have mutual, healthy relationships just as if we were in a classroom or programming house [one day maybe eh?] or if One Fine Day were tomorrow... for example, Bubba and I [resident DOS nuts] have a nice working relationship... we bug eachother about concepts, we know too much about DOS for our own good, and it's led me to AktiF and him to every question that steps afoot the DOS board [i try to get there]... so... we do exist, make no mistake...

stevey
04-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Ethic is a Nirvana fan so is bound to be touchy about suicide.

When you said your neck hurt, i thought your noose was tightening......

Anyone under 30 is a kiddie to me..............

Brian
04-10-2002, 04:37 PM
Ethic is a Nirvana fan so is bound to be touchy about suicide.

Nirvana were the best!

booyeah lithium boo yeah

stevey
04-10-2002, 04:41 PM
wish somebody would post the lyrics for Teen Spirit, i can't make out a goddam word !!

kurt should have taken his Lithium, an he might still be here.....

doubleanti
04-10-2002, 04:52 PM
i'm touchy about suicide... but i don't think it has to do with the fact that i was [and will always be] a Nirvana fan. well, you find new reasons [be they anything from humanist to rationalist or determinist] to believe in your old faiths... it puts a swagger back in your step and reminds you that you were alive back then, and you relive, and you may have diverged, but you don't know what the future holds, and it puts hope in your eye...

stevey
04-10-2002, 06:40 PM
i see

:confused: