PDA

View Full Version : INCLUDE REPLYs IN POST COUNT...

vsriharsha
04-03-2002, 12:06 PM
Hi all,
wouldnt it be a better way to include the REPLY posts also in the post count...After all, all those who reply the queries do deserve some appriciation...(Anyone, and if a guest replies, perhaps display a message welcomming him/her to register)...BTW,
y dont I see any serious females in this site...(C is not a MALE language anyway...ha ha ha).

Regards,
Sriharsha.

maes
04-03-2002, 12:23 PM
Your postcounts does add up when you make a reply. Do you think someone like Salem asked 2000 questions? :D

>>y dont I see any serious females in this site...

You better duck to avoid missles from Bassy Penny Collegegirl and Prelude (don't shoot me if I forgot your name on this list)

Deckard
04-03-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by vsriharsha
Hi all,
wouldnt it be a better way to include the REPLY posts also in the post count...You mean if I start a new thread that gets five responses, I should get credit for five posts? I don't believe that would be much benefit, and has the potential to create a spam problem.

Originally posted by vsriharsha
y dont I see any serious females in this site...That's a pretty big slap in the face. I suspect Prelude could code circles around you, Mister "Enumerated constant of type float (http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14502)", Mister "What's a library? (http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14479)", and Mister "Can't get system() to work (http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14023)".

Betazep
04-03-2002, 01:42 PM
>>>Mister "Enumerated constant of type float", Mister "What's a library?", and Mister "Can't get system() to work".

LOL... at least he is trying to help. That is more than I can say about some people around here. ;)

Deckard
04-03-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by Betazep
LOL... at least he is trying to help. That is more than I can say about some people around here. ;) True. It has since occured to me that the problem may be a grammatical error, as english may not be his first language. So, to give you the benefit of the doubt, vsriharsha, I apologize for making fun of you. I would be curious to know what you meant by your assertion there are no serious female programmers here (should you be so inclined).

Cheers,

Prelude
04-03-2002, 08:48 PM
>y dont I see any serious females in this site
I'm serious...on occasion. :D

-Prelude

Deckard
04-03-2002, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Prelude
I'm serious...on occasion.*does board search for keywords "void main" and username "Prelude"* ;)

Betazep
04-03-2002, 09:03 PM
what's wrong with void main() ;)

LOL

Prelude
04-03-2002, 09:21 PM
>*does board search for keywords "void main" and username "Prelude"* ;)
The search results would probably look something like a search for "sex" on google. :D

-Prelude

Scourfish
04-03-2002, 11:24 PM
That's a stupid idea. In fact, the idea of postcounting in the first place is stupid. It's as stupid as some script kiddie printing off their "Winamp Generated mp3 list" and posting it on their geocities site, which is done simply to compensate for some small *ehem* appendage. "I may have a small -appendage-, but my postcount is huge, just like my winamp playlist!" they say.

Postcounts are shallow, just like modern society.

Betazep
04-04-2002, 02:17 AM
>>>Postcounts are shallow, just like modern society.

Are you ashamed of your little post count? ;)

No... seriously. They don't really matter. I would rather have a level program that can test ones ability in the actual subject material and rate you as to your abilities.

Tests such as this are difficult to develop though (CISCO has spent many years on such tests and have enormous question pools)... but to have something to drive you forward in learning would be great.

After being here for a while, you know who the pros are.... so I guess that aspect of it doesn't really matter, but I know I would work pretty hard to pass something like an "Advance Classes Mastery" test, etc... that in collaboration with other tests would give me a level like Intermediate Expert in place of a post count.

I am tired, does any of this make sense???

doubleanti
04-04-2002, 03:57 AM
females... you missed one... :)

maes
04-04-2002, 06:26 AM
>>females... you missed one...
Yes I know. There is someone else I believe who is a female. But I won't tell because:
1) I'm not sure about that.
2) It is up to that person to make it public
3) I respect privacy

And I won't tell you what made me think she was a female
Oh and 4) I'm not talking about you DA :p :D :p :D

adrianxw
04-04-2002, 07:09 AM
Michelle is a fairly female name.

Fordy
04-04-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by maes
Yes I know. There is someone else I believe who is a female. But I won't tell because:
3) I respect privacy

Yes but GovtCheez has never formally admitted it.

Deckard
04-04-2002, 07:29 AM
Originally posted by Fordy
Yes but GovtCheez has never formally admitted it. I think it's time for an intervention.

maes
04-04-2002, 07:37 AM
>>Michelle is a fairly female name.
Yes, but I haven't seen her in a while. So think she left.

>>Yes but GovtCheez has never formally admitted it.
ROFLMAO :D :D

ErionD
04-04-2002, 11:02 AM
Hehe i actually tried the void main/Prelude thing.
Found 108 threads :D

Govtcheez
04-04-2002, 12:34 PM
Fordy - you've seen a picture of me (on different bodies, even) - I'm way too beautiful to be a man.

:fu:

(it won't work here, but you get the idea)

Fordy
04-04-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Fordy - you've seen a picture of me (on different bodies, even) - I'm way too beautiful to be a man.

:fu:

(it won't work here, but you get the idea)

In retalliation do I need to dig out my ASCII arse picture as a response :)

no-one
04-04-2002, 01:20 PM
fordy, if your talking about the one im thinkin of then im getting my gun!

Fordy
04-04-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by no-one
fordy, if your talking about the one im thinkin of then im getting my gun!

Err.......pass....its something I posted at Flasdaddee when Natase needed to be mooned...........It got wiped in the crash and I am waiting for a suitible oppertunity to repost it.....

no-one
04-04-2002, 01:36 PM
well, thats a relief, i was worried, cause i got slammed with it(i guess it could be a different one) before, and now its cooked into my mind forever, so i would be pleased not to be reminded...
i won't describe the one im thinking of you'll know what im talking about if it's the one!

::edit:: sorry for being so serious, im in a serious mood for some reason...

vsriharsha
04-09-2002, 01:17 PM
Hi everyone,,,

Its been quite sometime since I visited General Discussions. Now I c some fun going on with everyone... Well, in the first case, when I said "include reply's in post count". I meant that our post count should increase when ever we reply (to someone's elses query).
Comming to woman. I frankly am ignorant of the female names (and I apologise for that), cos I was casually going through themember list and I found males every where (which ever profile i tried). So, I thought
1. Either most of the females are not serious programmers (interested in C) .
2. They are not interested to be a part of CPROGRAMMING.

Again sorry for not putting my question in the right way..

Warm Regards,
Sriharsha Vedurmudi.

Brian
04-09-2002, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by maes
3) I respect privacy

**** how did you know?

Betazep
04-09-2002, 01:25 PM
>>>>1. Either most of the females are not serious programmers (interested in C) .
>>>>2. They are not interested to be a part of CPROGRAMMING.

Prelude could program rings around you I am sure.

...and your post count does increase when you reply to someone's post...

shtarker
04-09-2002, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by ErionD
Hehe i actually tried the void main/Prelude thing.
Found 108 threads :D

Well I tried "sex" on google, 62,500,000 hits.