PDA

View Full Version : Cprog folks are *******s

Pages : [1] 2

muttski
03-29-2002, 08:54 PM
Why is everyone so rude to people because they suggest getting payed for a project. I know that they probly dont know what they are doing and shouldnt be asking but you dont have to be *******s, like making fun of them cause of their age and stuff, if everyone hates it so much why doesnt someone put up a sticky that says "DONT SUGGEST PAY FOR PROGRAMMING, WE WILL BE *******S ABOUT IT AND FLAME YOU TO DEATH". If someone does happen to post something like that just point them to the sticky.

compjinx
03-29-2002, 09:03 PM
>Why is everyone so rude...?
seems like your the rude one...

-KEN-
03-29-2002, 09:05 PM
Oh wow :rolleyes: There's so much I want to point out here, but I don't want to loose a development collaborator. Just leave it at SPH has done it so many times we get frequent-flaming miles....

muttski
03-29-2002, 09:05 PM
you dont even know me

muttski
03-29-2002, 09:06 PM
oops, ken that wasnt meant for you.

muttski
03-29-2002, 09:08 PM
ken, you can say whatever you need to. I really dont mind, I would rather know why people do that.

shtarker
03-29-2002, 09:53 PM
Simple.
Because the people who come in here recruiting have an average age of 12 years old, use some basterdised version of kiddie scrpit or lee7 and have no idea what they are doing. Come to think of it most of them don't even have a set project they are trying to recruit people for instead using generalised terms such as a "game devlopment company" or a "mystical web site that is sure to make incredible amounts of money where all others have failed".
Not really the kind of person I'd want to get financially involved with.

Hillbillie
03-29-2002, 10:04 PM
I agree with mutt here 100%.

>seems like your the rude one...<

How's muttski being rude? He's telling it like it is I think.

>Because the people who come in here recruiting have an average age of 12 years old, use some basterdised version of kiddie scrpit or lee7 and have no idea what they are doing.<

Then simply ignore him. Flamming him because he's an idiot isn't very nice.

incognito
03-29-2002, 10:07 PM
Ok, I just want to say something, I think that this Cprog ::VS:: FD needs to stop, I am not saying that you are doing that Muttski but for some reason I thought about that when I read this post. It's happened before that some members of FD come here and rant about this board being inferior or something to that effect. I am sure that most of the members of FD are not this way, they are fine people who in fact also promot this site (cprog), I myself am a member of FD and I believe it is a another great site. Once again Muttski I am NOT saying this to you. But please I've seen some threads before to this effect. Thank you and please I do not wish to offend anybody here.

jdinger
03-29-2002, 10:20 PM
I can feel the love in the air....:)

Both sides of the arguement..

Seriously though, while I don't agree with wanton flaming, there have been a few posts by some 12-14 year olds that were just ridiculous. One said that they were looking for program leads (I think they even called the position "mentors") and clearly stated that a solid grasp of C++ wasn't needed. What is that?

Flaming doesn't get us anywhere, so I simply suggest that if you read something that retarded just IGNORE it and go read the next post.

Conclusion...

I'm not saying that we have a big problem with flaming here (I really can't say that I've seen very much at all on these boards) and don't ever want to see it get that way. I appreciate the sense of community we have here.

Betazep
03-30-2002, 03:13 AM
I couldn't care less about whiney people.

You ask for help... you either get it or you don't. More people just plain want around here than "want to contribute".

"Write my program for me, " whining...

"Learn to write it yourself."

"But I want you to do it."

"Look... quit being lame."

"You're flaming me.... waaaaaaa." whining...

Grow up people....

C_Coder
03-30-2002, 03:16 AM
^ echo that. ^
And it's the same people again and again.

maes
03-30-2002, 09:35 AM
Originally posted by elchulo2002
Ok, I just want to say something, I think that this Cprog ::VS:: FD needs to stop, I am not saying that you are doing that Muttski but for some reason I thought about that when I read this post. It's happened before that some members of FD come here and rant about this board being inferior or something to that effect. I am sure that most of the members of FD are not this way, they are fine people who in fact also promot this site (cprog), I myself am a member of FD and I believe it is a another great site. Once again Muttski I am NOT saying this to you. But please I've seen some threads before to this effect. Thank you and please I do not wish to offend anybody here.

Couldn't agree more. FD is no competition for Cprog. I think most of us visit other boards besides cprog as well. And no one cares. The only difference is that FD creator (Rick) is a member here and most Flashdaddeeans are members here as well. I like this board and will not leave in the near futur. Same goes for FD and Iainpb.

About the flaming. I haven't been to the C/C++ boards in a while, so don't realy know what is going on there. but I can understand some flaming when you ask a question like how do I clear the screen, or will you do my homework?

>>just IGNORE it and go read the next post
wise words

Aran
03-30-2002, 09:38 AM
muttski needs to chill. Although he's half right, most of the time people are being retarded and deserve to be flamed off the boards (that's why i participate... being a darwinist and all).

I have no problems with this place. I have no problems with FD. They both have their own slots that they fill, and i think we should keep it at that.

-KEN-
03-30-2002, 10:15 AM
I can't help it if the troll in me wants to pick up a flamethrower and toast the little kiddies...

DavidP
03-30-2002, 05:20 PM
flaming allows normal every day anger to be violently released upon helpless script kiddies who think that we are here to do everything for them. I like it :D .

VBprogrammer
03-30-2002, 05:42 PM
When will they (12-14 year old's mostly) learn to use the search function. Its right up there ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ^^^ if you type something in it will usually find some post discussing the same subject as u're about to ask about. :)

sigma
03-30-2002, 08:13 PM
All right, I have not seen a good flame war in here since Sunlight and Dean. Here is nothing. I have had co-workers who would go out of their way to point out a mistake to management. It seemed to inflate their ego. Now that I have become a technical task lead, I am able to control that kind of behavior within my group.

VirtualAce
03-31-2002, 08:13 AM
Ha!!!!

All of you are wrong.

Bubba's board is better!!!!!!!!!!!

(Wait....I don't have one)
:D

-KEN-
03-31-2002, 09:56 AM
>>All right, I have not seen a good flame war in here since Sunlight and Dean

Ahhh...nostalgia! Too bad we couldn't save the "Linux" thread, huh? Looks like we'll never get around to writing that book. :p We had a good lil flame war in the Religion thread a long while back, but nowhere near the Sunlight-Dean claiber.

maes
03-31-2002, 10:00 AM
>>All right, I have not seen a good flame war in here since Sunlight and Dean

That was at the beginning of my cprogramming.com career. I saved some of the old board threads on my HD.
I wish I did that with some of those lovely threads. :rolleyes:

ygfperson
03-31-2002, 10:40 AM
not this again... don't you have something better to do with your life?

Pendragon
03-31-2002, 07:07 PM
All right, I have not seen a good flame war in here since Sunlight and Dean

That was very funny. :D I like a good arguement. I have that on disk somewhere I think...

don't you have something better to do with your life?

Yes, but it's good to deviate from the constructive once in a while otherwise life just gets way too boring. ;) :p

golfinguy4
03-31-2002, 08:32 PM
Anyone still have it saved??:D

Govtcheez
03-31-2002, 11:06 PM
The Wayback machine has copies of it... It happened in ~March of last year...

That was so much fun :D

DavidP
04-01-2002, 10:46 AM
>Anyone still have it saved??

Um....actually, there was a thread posted a couple months ago that had a link to a working version of the old board. It is probably on there. Try and find the thread and get to the old board.

DavidP
04-01-2002, 10:55 AM
here it is:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010808...d/UltraBoard.pl

and here is the thread that gives that link:

http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=9862&highlight=old+board

DavidP
04-01-2002, 10:58 AM
looks like this is the link to that huge Linux thread:

http://web.archive.org/web/20010628231820/www.cprogramming.com/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=rants&Post=568&Idle=45&Sort=0&Order=Descend&Page=3&

maes
04-01-2002, 11:10 AM
>>looks like this is the link to that huge Linux thread:
I'm saving that baby on my HD
That was before CrystalSky died ::sniff::

Read the FAQ (http://web.archive.org/web/20010419131219/www.cprogramming.com/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl?Action=ShowPost&Board=rants&Post=674&Idle=45&Sort=0&Order=Descend&Page=0&)

Hillbillie
04-01-2002, 11:59 AM
Hmm....nostalgia!

Man, that's way back when I thought Linux was the best OS around... :p

muttski
04-01-2002, 12:32 PM
I bet he was just trying to get atttention, he didnt die.

maes
04-01-2002, 01:44 PM
Nope he didn't die. he's Series.That is why I said it
I wonder what his next name will be (or maybe is)
He just posted again, looks like he's still having the same name

Yoshi
04-01-2002, 01:53 PM
Series is back... ahhhhhh!!!

-KEN-
04-01-2002, 03:46 PM
those links are all broken now, damnit! I hate not being able to access some of the lovely deb...well, face it, flame wars we had on the old board.

maes
04-01-2002, 03:50 PM
If you want the linux thread, I saved it.
I can put it in a zip file and post it?

DavidP
04-01-2002, 05:01 PM
hmm...the links are not broken for me...try again.

wow...that board is great to look back on. That was back when I posted as David, not DavidP. A one letter difference...whoopdydoo...lol

-KEN-
04-01-2002, 05:49 PM
They work now, this is awesome. I'm gonna read the entire Linux thread over again just for kicks, then post it over at YPN to tick off the linux-loving buggers...

Sentaku senshi
04-01-2002, 07:12 PM
odd,

http://web.archive.org/web/20010410164149/www.cprogramming.com/cgi-bin/UltraBoard/UltraBoard.pl?Action=ShowBoard&Board=rants&Idle=&Sort=&Order=&

ygfperson
04-01-2002, 10:38 PM
muttski, why are you posting as a guest?

Yoshi
04-01-2002, 11:09 PM
he does not have an account. His only known account here is "Stupid_Mutt"

lightatdawn
04-02-2002, 12:42 AM
lol, yes. Deans "I'm going to run you all down with my 4x4" thread. I'd *almost* forgotten... :D

"Give me a couple suds and I'll run you down with my 4x4." - Dean

Pendragon
04-02-2002, 12:18 PM
Where is Dean these days anyway?

I hadn't laughed so much in ages. He was very entertaining when he didn't want to be...

...and that Linux thread was *priceless*. :D

I found the disk with it on.

ygfperson
04-02-2002, 04:15 PM
i just skimmed the linux thread. wow. you should include that in the faq and point any "is linux the way to go" questions there.

sean
04-02-2002, 06:59 PM
Well I only read the first page, so this is really applicable there. Don't you hate the people who brag about their age and put it IN their name? I mena look at -KEN- and DavidP. They're geniuses and only sixteen - when was the last time THEY said seomthing about it?

-KEN-
04-02-2002, 08:51 PM
Technically I'm not 16 for another 5 months...:D (Damnit! And I need a car so badly!)

incognito
04-02-2002, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by -KEN-
Technically I'm not 16 for another 5 months...:D (Damnit! And I need a car so badly!)

Ken you do live in Florida right?......well with the new law you would have to wait a year after you get your learrner's license at 16 to be able to get the regular license. Trust be I've been down that road before, even emaile the florida highway patrol thingy.

DavidP
04-02-2002, 09:34 PM
>I mena look at -KEN- and DavidP. They're geniuses and only sixteen -

wow...I just realized that I am almost 17! wow....

jdinger
04-02-2002, 09:49 PM
I just read the old Linux thread (at least the first page of it) and
that guy Dean sounds eerilly similar to a poster at a few other
message boards I've been to (one sports and one airbrushing).

He never uses any ID other than "Dean" and his posting style is
very similar between all 3 boards (rants with no logic, states his
opinions as facts, if you don't agree you're an idiot, etc.). He
doesn't seem to stay at any one message board for too long.

Weird guy..

DavidP
04-02-2002, 10:38 PM
yes...and just so some people know who didnt know Dean back on the old board...he is Troll_King and Witch_King here...although he hasnt posted for quite a while....

Fordy
04-03-2002, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Pendragon
Where is Dean these days anyway?

I think he's busy in College & working at the same time.........he pops over to FD occasionally.........but I guess he wont be seen much until the hollidays