PDA

View Full Version : London.

Brian
03-27-2002, 11:58 AM
London smells.

It's scary. It kinda has the atmosphere of an American city, too many people looking at you, too many people. I'm scared, I miss my girlfriend and there are too many kebab shops, if there was like a war and London was under siege, we'd just all die out from kebab poisoning. Plymouth is peaceful, I like plymouth.

help me

Govtcheez
03-27-2002, 12:01 PM
Quick, come to Michigan! There's almost no people, and I promise, you will never ever say there's too much going on!

ober
03-27-2002, 12:02 PM
umm... sucks to be you. I hear they are still making flights to the US.

Deckard
03-27-2002, 12:03 PM
...and your girlfriend is being well taken care of ;)

klausi
03-27-2002, 12:09 PM
I agree with you, Brian. Plymouth is very nice. Have been there last summer.
But it doesn´t make much sense to compare Plymouth with London.

klausi

Deckard
03-27-2002, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Quick, come to Michigan! There's almost no people, and I promise, you will never ever say there's too much going on! They don't even have hockey in Michigan.

Govtcheez
03-27-2002, 12:13 PM
> They don't even have hockey in Michigan.

Y'know, if I wasn't so busy enjoying my next to last day of work, I'd come to Nashville and kick your sorry tail... Preds vs. Wings tomorrow at the Joe... MUHAHAHAHA!!! They'll never leave alive!

Deckard
03-27-2002, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Y'know, if I wasn't so busy enjoying my next to last day of work, I'd come to Nashville and kick your sorry tail... Preds vs. Wings tomorrow at the Joe... MUHAHAHAHA!!! They'll never leave alive! I suppose that's the only way the Wings can beat a hack job of a team (my apologies to Barry Trotz). How does one of the original six get forced into overtime by a mediocre AAA high school team like the Predators?

Brian
03-27-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by klausi

But it doesn´t make much sense to compare Plymouth with London.

I live in Plymouth.

Govtcheez
03-27-2002, 12:37 PM
Being one of the original six doesn't guarantee a good team (look at the Habs... why the hell are they called the Habs, anyways?)...

Nashville got lucky - that's all there is to it :D

Govtcheez
03-27-2002, 01:30 PM
Seems I've answered my own question... (found on the official "Habs Suck" page)

Sounds like Habs is short for "Habitants du Quebec", or some other French nonsense... The site's author goes on to say it's akin to calling the Bruins "Residents of Massachusetts".

Pendragon
03-27-2002, 02:10 PM
Agreed, London is a tad overpowering at times... in fact most of the time. Though the hustle, bustle etc is quite a welcome change for a person such as myself (a Londoner originally) who's spent the overwhelming majority of her life living in the middle of the British countryside...

...nice though it is, there's only so much one can take of faultless landscapes, rolling fields of wheat swaying in the gentle summer breeze and various species of livestock grazing peacefully before it all starts to get slightly tedious and you would kill for a taste of over-crowded streets, expensive shopping and unbearable noise once in a while. Baa. :)

Scourfish
03-27-2002, 02:20 PM
You could always come to good ole Tallmadge, Ohio; directly to the northeast of Akron. It also borders Cuyahoga falls, where Amish people in horse drawn carriages always slow traffic.

Scourfish
03-27-2002, 02:21 PM
ah, london. I've never been there, but I have seen "The Eastenders" on PBS, and everybody talks way too freaking fast. It's like they all have semi automatic vocal chords.

Aran
03-27-2002, 03:41 PM
hehe, yeah, i caught an episode of that once.. they talk fast as hell. Hard to follow.

incognito
03-27-2002, 03:51 PM
This is one of the times when I am actually kind of glad I live in South Florida......oh the Beaches........also the *****es.....Nice temperature all year long....just Semi crowded, hit South Beach a Saturday if you want, or bayside.....maybe keywest, no Viscaya, no maybe Vero Beach, oh no how about Boca Raton.....oh no wait........too many to list......or I might just take a 4 hour drive to Disney..........please don't hate me......this is not the best place however, I want to move up north or something, near the North Pole like Canada........maybe Alaska.......I don't know.

RobR
03-27-2002, 04:19 PM
but I have seen "The Eastenders" on PBS

Wow, didn't realise it had made it across the water! Not sure it would have made much sense to you guys, sometimes doesn't make too much sense to us!

I wouldn't imagine Dot Cotton nipping into the local shop for a pack of f4gs would come across too well either!!!

Unregistered
03-27-2002, 05:06 PM
Come to Freehold, N.J., where I live. It'll make you wish you were back in London.

rick barclay

Pendragon
03-27-2002, 05:10 PM
sometimes doesn't make too much sense to us!

True.. have you ever noticed that the sun never shines in Walford?

Everyone's always so damned miserable!

Sentaku senshi
03-27-2002, 05:17 PM
I enjoy the openness of were I live. I can train much better then. Also fresh air is also very nice. My only complaint is you need to drive every were.

Unregistered
03-27-2002, 05:38 PM
I have to say (because nobody else has) that Eastenders isn't typically London. It wouldn't be that busy otherwise, the suicide rate of an Eastender-type would keep the population down!

minesweeper
03-28-2002, 09:15 AM
Very true about Eastenders and it's extremely overexagerated. I love london and I would advise anyone to visit there at least once. IT may be busy and expensive but it is one of those places that has an immense amount of history and historical buildings (quite how the nazis missed buildings like St Pauls Cathedral, Buckingham Palace and The Tower of London i don't know). It's the sort of place where everything happens. There is obviously the history of the last few hundred years but even more recent history like WW2 and the troubles with the IRA. It's so interesting for anyone willing to take the time to listen.