PDA

View Full Version : Big Help!

Mane
03-20-2002, 07:40 AM
hi,guys
i have a big question in my mind. can some one tell me what is window NT and unix?

what is the benefit we got from window nt and unix?
besides, if we compare window nt and unix, what we got from there?
pls someone give me a full list of answer and explanation.,
i got a research to do with it,
urgent,hope to hear frmo u guys sooner,ok ;)))
fast fast fast!!! OK,chaos!!!

ober
03-20-2002, 07:49 AM
hmm... maybe you shouldn't be asking this here... there are tons of better resources that can help you with this... maybe:

www.unix.com

but just for fun... the biggest difference ... hmm... ok, how about this... no... wait... here... major differences:

filesystem
hierarchy structure
command line vs. gui control
resource allocation
and on and on and on...

nvoigt
03-20-2002, 08:16 AM
>i got a research to do with it,

All you will get from here is a flamewar which OS is better by people who have not even used both.

Windows NT is an outdated, almost obsolete operating system from Microsoft that comes as Server/Client System, with NT Servers and NT Workstations. It is intended for working with it. No games.

Unix is a type of operating system which is old, but still very useful as server. Various coperations sell it. It is NOT for free, because said corporations want to make money, too. It is supposed to have a better arcitechture and less bugs than Windows Servers, but that's hardly a fair comparison. Unixes are intended for server work, no games.

Although the above seems to favor *nix, I would rather take the newer version of NT ( which is 2K ) than a *nix system. But this is personal oppinion, subject to my own likes, dislikes and experiences.

CompiledMonkey
03-20-2002, 08:41 AM
Geez man, do your own homework. :cool: