PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft Sucks

jinx
03-16-2002, 07:44 PM
I wanted to get the DirectX Audio SDK. But no wait, check out this tooootallllyyyyy *kewl* new great bestest thing that we can better provide your computing experience with!!!!!! /*Evil Censorship*/ I wanted the sdk but they only had the newest thing available for download. Does anyone here that is framiliar with the catacombs of ms.com know where I could get the sdk?

Betazep
03-16-2002, 07:48 PM
go to www.microsoft.com... go to the download page... click keyword... type directx... hit search...

don't use profanity... don't use profanity in a manner so that it avoids the filter.... edit your post, as it will most likely be edited for you...

-KEN-
03-16-2002, 09:14 PM
>>Microsoft Sucks

maybe microsoft thinks that YOU suck. Ever thought of that? :)

Prelude
03-16-2002, 09:42 PM
>maybe microsoft thinks that YOU suck
That certainly would explain a few things.

-Prelude

dirkduck
03-17-2002, 07:04 PM
"maybe microsoft thinks that YOU suck"

Your a genious Kenny! I never thought about it that way...

ober
03-17-2002, 07:40 PM
jinx... yeah, how bout we not use such titles for threads... i'm sure you know where things like that end up...

Brian
03-18-2002, 12:47 PM
I'm going to sue Microsoft because the intellimouse isn't actually intelligent.

I will also sue Apple because the iMac can't see...

compjinx
03-18-2002, 12:47 PM
>Microsoft Sucks
hmmm, I think everyone knows this.

jinx
03-21-2002, 06:25 PM
Sooo. Here we are. This thread seems like another two or three I've seen. Hmmm. Yeah, I should have it under a subject.

>Microsoft Hates me...

But if they hate me or you, where does their money come from? Is it a conspiracy?

DavidP
03-21-2002, 09:52 PM
ever tried:

www.microsoft.com/directx

dbaryl
03-21-2002, 11:06 PM
that makes me wonder - how does it happen so that Internet Explorer is able to display pages with such blasphemous content ("M$ Sucks and all)... t..t..t interesting, I tell you... interesting.

blight2c
03-21-2002, 11:34 PM
"640K ought to be enough for anybody. "
- Bill Gates (1955-), in 1981

I read in the NYR (latest issue I think) that Gates wrote a embittered email to the author refuting this claim. Gates said he begged IBM to up the ram. He also said he's the greatest visionary yet.

I think he told God to get an ms pasport also :rolleyes:

Deckard
03-22-2002, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by jinx
But if they hate me or you, where does their money come from? Is it a conspiracy? It's not a conspiracy... it's PhotoShop (time to print off more twenties!)

jinx
03-22-2002, 07:52 PM
yeah, great Idea, M$. Hmmm, so are they the next enron? No, they might crash the Federal Government with a mouse click. Eh, its possible, huh?

Nick
03-23-2002, 12:32 AM
It's possible
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,13987,00.html

klausi
03-23-2002, 12:16 PM
The great new Microsoft-World:
You have to by the software again, if you wanna use it on a second PC.
I love it.
**** Open Source.
It is a new, dangerous way of communism.
With Open Source people would get poor, because the companies will die of it.
:D

klausi

/* edited by Kermi3 for inapproprate content */

jinx
03-23-2002, 07:23 PM
Uh hu. And how many NT systems are spread throught, lets say for sake of discussion, the DoD, State Treasury Dept., and the White House? How many personal pc's contain sensitive data that, unpatched, could be accessibleto the generic 31337? It's...its....yeah, I know, scary.

klausi
03-24-2002, 01:12 PM
Itīs human.
The human irrationality.

klausi

jinx
03-24-2002, 03:20 PM
Spooky....

Brian
03-24-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by klausi
The great new Microsoft-World:
You have to by the software again, if you wanna use it on a second PC.
I love it.
**** Open Source.
It is a new, dangerous way of communism.
With Open Source people would get poor, because the companies will die of it.
:D

Communism is not bad. People are just very bad at implementing it.

I feel if we payed Ģ1000+ for a big calculator, we should be allowed to do whatever the **** we want to with it.

/* edited by Kermi3 for inapproprate content */

Aran
03-24-2002, 03:58 PM
um. Communism is as close to a Utopia as we can get if we implement it correctly. If you are sitting there staring at Lenin and Stalin's attempt to do it and saying "b....b...b....but theirs failed!" it's because they skipped some crucial steps, and they weren't ready to become a true communist state.

As far as communism goes, it's all in the execution.

Sorensen
03-24-2002, 04:21 PM
>Communism is as close to a Utopia as we can get if we implement it correctly.

Maybe, but I don't think anyones got a hope in hell of doing that.

>and they weren't ready to become a true communist state.

I doubt any country ever will.

Nick
03-24-2002, 06:07 PM
What does communism have to do with opensource?
The gpl gives you, the user of the software, rights to copy and see the source etc. If the author of the software does not agree with the gpl then he or she will not licence under it. It's as simple as that.

Commander
03-24-2002, 09:43 PM
> so are they the next enron

There are very good reasons that they could be...

by the way, I hate microsoft too.....except windows, AOE and the X-Box

jinx
03-25-2002, 04:26 PM
My opninion, however insignifigant it is, I think that windows kicks ***. I mean, its so easily manipulated to your own desires, and its just plain fun to screw around with. I know that linux is more tweakable to your hardware, but with todays 899.95 deals from pc dealers, windows is already pretty much tweaked out. Sooo.....how many of you right now are on a windoze box?

Commander
03-25-2002, 09:43 PM
I am........

y do i have a feeling that I said that b4

klausi
03-27-2002, 12:00 PM
>It is a new, dangerous way of communism
What I said was ironic.
I said this because some people, who donīt want to understand that Open Source works and makes people more rich, compare Open Source with communism.
Maybe thereīs some truth in that claim. I donīt mind. Open-Source works and I think that it is the better solution for many problems (e. g. developing Operating Systems).

klausi