PDA

View Full Version : Double Screen Laptops

Unregistered
03-14-2002, 03:58 PM
I have a Toshiba Tecra 8000 and when i plug-in a monitor i have the option of viewing the onboard monitor, the attached monitor or both at the same time BUT THEY ARE THE SAME DISPLAY !!!

What i'm trying to do is use the 2 screens independantly, i.e. same BOX but lets say 2 different maximized windows open on each screen.

What can I do ? How do i do that ?

Drewpee
03-14-2002, 04:23 PM
I doubt it's possible, you generally need a dual head video card or two video cards. If it is possible (I don't know about your comp in particular), in Win2K, XP, go to desktop->properties and select the settings tab. If you have 2 boxes on the upper display window labelled 1 & 2, 1 will be your primary. Select box 2 and click on the 'Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor' check box.
If you don't get those options, you can't, sorry.
hth

taylorguitarman
03-14-2002, 04:23 PM
I'm not sure how the laptop video card works but to do that normally with a desktop you'd need two video cards and an OS that supports multi-monitor (Win2k, Linux, etc). I don't think it's supposed to be used for that purpose.

Unregistered
03-19-2002, 04:25 PM
ooh, that'd be neat! you could play Quake 2 in stereo!

:D

Brian
03-19-2002, 04:34 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered
ooh, that'd be neat! you could play Quake 2 in stereo!

:D

I remember when I had duel screens.

Checking your newsgroups and playing Quakeworld at the same time isn't as easy as it sounds.