PDA

View Full Version : Self-adoration (avatar-wise)

Govtcheez
09-14-2001, 08:57 AM
In light of the recent events, I've changed mine to the one I stole from taylorguitarman, and I hope more people do the same.

I know my avatar was widely loved and admired for its amazing artistic qualities and sheer style. I assure you I have saved it to several different locations in the event that one of my computers is destroyed and/or broken (if either occurs, it'll probably be my fault). I will also upload it to my website in the event that people feel troubled that my avatar is not present.

Generator
09-14-2001, 09:28 AM
I really appreciate that Govt. I was in a near panic when I saw you had changed it.:D

Strider
09-14-2001, 10:18 AM
I hope more people do the same.

I'm with you on that.

David

iain
09-14-2001, 11:49 AM
i am starting the official campaign to reinstate Govtcheez's avatar.
Sign here

*sign*

Govtcheez
09-14-2001, 11:52 AM
As flattering as that is, iain, I'm going to keep this up for awhile... (probably as long as flags continue to fly at half-staff)

I know many of you can't go on without seeing my genius represented in artistic form, so I've reposted it here. (http://govtcheez1.tripod.com)

iain
09-14-2001, 11:54 AM
thats a nice gesture Govtcheez.

taylorguitarman
09-14-2001, 12:54 PM
I am glad to see it took.
It's a small sign of support, but I think it has profound meaning.

Govtcheez
09-14-2001, 12:55 PM
>It's a small sign of support, but I think it has profound meaning.

I think so too. Kinda like the ribbon I had on my car's antenna (that unfortunately flew off as soon as I turned)

-KEN-
09-14-2001, 02:13 PM
Wahoo! Go USA! :D

rick barclay
09-14-2001, 04:38 PM
Count me in. Our cause is just.

rick barclay

Zach L.
09-14-2001, 05:55 PM
Well, everyone is stuck in this aweful situation. So, here is my contribution, a UN flag.

Procyon
09-14-2001, 09:27 PM
OK, you've shamed me into changing mine as well... though only slightly.

gamegod3001
09-14-2001, 09:34 PM
I put the flag in the backround.

any one know of a basic image minipulation program so I can fix my avatar. (gimp requies a two button mouse)

I been using paint and coverting it but I don't like doing that.

mithrandir
09-14-2001, 11:12 PM
I've changed my avatar to the Australian Flag (taken from the great site 3DFlags.com (http://www.3dflags.com )). We are with America all the way.

Fordy
09-15-2001, 01:42 AM
I too feel compelled to join this nationalist fervour. Though not being from the US, I have opted for the union jack.

rick barclay
09-15-2001, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by gamegod3001
I put the flag in the backround.

any one know of a basic image minipulation program so I can fix my avatar. (gimp requies a two button mouse)

I been using paint and coverting it but I don't like doing that.

My guess is you can't with a basic art program; you need
something more sophisticated like Macromedia Fireworks 4.
I believe you can get a trial version off of their site. That would
at least allow you, maybe, to do what you want to do. I have
a suite of Macromedia products on cd that will knock your
sox off. Send me a pm if you're interested. I offer this only
because I'm impressed with the creativeness you've
demonstrated with your avater.

rick barclay

gamegod3001
09-15-2001, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by rick barclay

My guess is you can't with a basic art program; you need something more sophisticated like Macromedia Fireworks 4. I believe you can get a trial version off of their site. That would at least allow you, maybe, to do what you want to do. I have a suite of Macromedia products on cd that will knock your sox off. Send me a pm if you're interested. I offer this only because I'm impressed with the creativeness you've demonstrated with your avater.

rick barclay

Rick you misunderstood me. If you look at the right side of mario's hat you will notice some errors in the flag. (baisicly white spots) also I had to enlarge the white area on mario's had. So it looks funny. I need a way to recolor the picture without having to use paint and converting it.

Thanks for the admiration for the avatar, and I'll Pm you latter. (I want to read the rest of GD board threads first)

rick barclay
09-15-2001, 09:09 PM
No hiurry :D

rick barclay

Dissata
09-15-2001, 09:38 PM
:)joining the cause! :)

doubleanti
09-15-2001, 10:33 PM
If you look at the right side of mario's hat you will notice some errors in the flag.

Wield your programming sword! [er, your keyboard...] program an anti-aliasing routine so you can shrink a larger, more detailed image... :)

gamegod3001
09-20-2001, 02:34 PM
>Wield your programming sword! [er, your keyboard...] program an anti-aliasing routine so you can shrink a larger, more detailed image... <

But first I requre a time machine in order to learn how to do that, since I spend to much time on these boards.

Related though before loosing my Internet connection I had download sunlights tutorials. So I read those, does any one know of some more.