PDA

View Full Version : formatting without a prompt

Robert_Ingleby
03-07-2002, 03:12 PM
I want to incorperate format a: /s within a batch file but I dont need to be prompted to instert the disk and press any key nor do I need prompting to format another y/n.

Is there a switch that I can use to do a straight format without the prompts and stop the command echoing the screen.

Brian
03-07-2002, 03:20 PM
Hmmm, why wouldn't you want the yes/no prompt?

Sounds a bit dodgy to me.

Robert_Ingleby
03-07-2002, 03:27 PM
No im not creating an EMAIL to format a PC!!!

Im simply creating a program that makes a selection of bootable disks used when a range of PC's need a formatted floppy.

The user would not require the facility to format twice so I want it removed.

My program already asks the user to insert a disk so I dont need the O/S to re-ask the same question.

OK

Now, do you know the answer, or not.

Brian
03-07-2002, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Robert_Ingleby

Now, do you know the answer, or not.

Yes.

Robert_Ingleby
03-07-2002, 03:45 PM
And are you gonna tell me before I find the answer on the Microsoft Forum or not?

My guess is you dont actually know, if you do then just say.....

Robert_Ingleby
03-07-2002, 03:53 PM
beat you too it dickweed!!

format a: /..........****t

Can you decifer the stars to prove you know or not?

VirtualAce
03-08-2002, 02:34 AM
You could write your own format program. You need to know the structure of FAT12 for floppies, the bootsector structure, and you might want to do this in assembly, but it can be done in C.

Esparno
03-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Oh yea, this persons certainly "not" going to turn this into a virus, thats why hes being so calm and pleasently patient when asking it, as you can tell from his posts... oops i gues i read them wrong... What an idiot, who does he think we are? his virus makers? I bet hes just got a DOS book and he wants to try it out but hes got no skill... Damn 11 year olds :)

muttski
03-13-2002, 02:26 PM
I used to try to make .bat viruses too, hes probly gonna grow out of it. and realize its pointless and stupid and how much viruses ........ people off and how ****ing gay they are.