PDA

View Full Version : inactive members

iain
09-13-2001, 12:53 PM
there are 108 members who have not yet made a post , what is the point of joining if you are not going to maKe any posts!!

Generator
09-13-2001, 01:12 PM
Maybe they are intimidated by all the hardcore programmers that post on the board? :D

Pendragon
09-13-2001, 01:17 PM
Nah!

108...? I don't *believe* it. ;)

adrianxw
09-13-2001, 01:21 PM
>>> have not yet made a post

Maybe people like to read. I lurked for months before I made my first post.

doubleanti
09-13-2001, 05:27 PM
rest assured that this has been a previous topic, both on the gen disc board as well as the mod board... so... it's known and any new discussion on it is welcome!

ski6ski
09-14-2001, 09:02 AM
Maybe people like to read. I lurked for months before I made my first post.

Same here.

I remember when I first started, I thought I had a good grasp on the language. Boy was i wrong! I would read a post and go try the code. I must have made 100 or more programs just on sample code given....

Strider
09-14-2001, 09:30 AM
It could also be the results of botched attempts at joining the board. When I first signed-up, I used my user ID from the old board expecting the ability to use a nickname or alias. When I found out that this was not a function of the new board I created a new membership and emailed the moderators twice requesting that the old one be deleted.

It is still there.

David

kerrywolfe
09-14-2001, 09:48 AM
Just in defense of those of us who are registered but dont post:

I use this as a reference....I am still to new to C++ to become one of the great guru's who reply to everyone's questions but I read them to understand alot of questions I might have.....when I become the guru then I will start posting.

Govtcheez
09-14-2001, 10:12 AM
>>emailed the moderators twice requesting that the old one be deleted.

It is still there. <<

Alas, we, as mere moderators, can't delete accounts. You'd want to email the webmaster about that.

Strider
09-14-2001, 10:17 AM
You'd want to email the webmaster about that.

Sorry, that is what I meant. I had emailed the webmaster.

David

Govtcheez
09-14-2001, 10:21 AM
>I had emailed the webmaster.

Oh... never mind, then...

Really like the new sig, btw. :D:D:D:D

maes
09-14-2001, 10:25 AM
>>there are 108 members who have not yet made a post , what is the point of joining if you are not going to maKe any posts!!

I am one of those people who almost never post. As you can see, this is my first post(on the new board). I learn from other peoples questions. I've been following this board since February and visit it almost on a daily bases. You can learn a lot just from reading other posts.
Most of the time I don't have to post because my questions have already been answered in previous posts.

Just because we don't post, doesn't mean we are not here.

Prelude
09-14-2001, 11:22 AM
when I become the guru then I will start posting.

When you become a guru with C++ you'll have been doing it for many years. It's better to go ahead and ask for help as well as help those who aren't as experienced as you are ;)

-Prelude

iain
09-14-2001, 11:35 AM
hell, looks like ive ruffled a few people
:p

maes
09-14-2001, 11:58 AM
>>hell, looks like ive ruffled a few people

are you referring to me? Sorry, my English is not that good. Maybe I should have said it differently.

Maybe I have to make more posts in the future to improve my English :)

iain
09-14-2001, 12:01 PM
no sorry , i wasnt having a go at you. Your english is very good
(better than some english people i know)
i was just remarking on the silent members are suddenly coming forward. I think i will be quiet now :-X

gamegod3001
09-14-2001, 06:36 PM
there are 108 members who have not yet made a post , what is the point of joining if you are not going to maKe any posts!!

So, I join everthing I come across, then leave. When I deciced to use geocites or tripod as a web host I was shooked I was alredy joined :p