PDA

View Full Version : Spelling mistakes

Betazep
03-02-2002, 11:35 PM
There are some words that I always, without fail, spell wrong while typing... even when I know how to spell them.

take regard for instance...

for some reason I always type it as reguard...

I do not know why. I have made the mistake enough to know what it is by now... but I catch myself doing it all the time (or rather my spell checker does).

Typos are a different thing.

Oh another one is... successfully... that word kills me for some reason. If I stop to think about it, I spell it correctly, but I get it wrong all the time when I am typing along.

There is a few more, but I can not think of them right now.

Are there any that you always misspell? Care to share them with the group? ;)

Govtcheez
03-02-2002, 11:47 PM
the = teh
talk = tlak

couple others...

Betazep
03-02-2002, 11:49 PM
Reguarding that... I don't know what teh heck you are tlaking about ;)

taylorguitarman
03-03-2002, 12:05 AM
It's not that I can't spell correctly, it's all got to do with the fact that my fingers are dyslexic.

Betazep
03-03-2002, 12:08 AM
LOL... I hear you man. The letters on my backspace key are worn off.

shtarker
03-03-2002, 12:13 AM
I'm mostly fine on my own keyboard, but anyother one and i start spelling like atheias.

lightatdawn
03-03-2002, 01:20 AM
And dont you hate it when you really get going while reading from a folder or something on your desk and you look up to realise that you've just typed the last three lines with your fingers offset to the right by one key? Everythings right its just yjsy s;; yjr ;ryyrtd str pmr pbrt/

... k, thats only happened once but it was mildly confusing at first...

Betazep
03-03-2002, 01:38 AM
Oh yes I hate that! I did that like three times tonight while doing homework. My desk isn't set up too well, so it is difficult to keep my hands in the right place.

Prelude
03-03-2002, 07:20 AM
I usually don't make spelling errors unless I get in a hurry and start to type very fast, then the odd jsut and teh creeps in.

-Prelude

vasanth
03-03-2002, 08:33 AM
tabel or table
marbel or marble

confusion... sonfusion

Unregistered
03-03-2002, 10:25 AM
i think i'm undergoing dyslexia..esply when i'm put to spell tomorrow(i think i got it right this time around)...gosh, i alwayz feel like a lost kid when i'm asked to type conscience.

i hate to type a passage with these to words..and few more to which i can't remember

Brian
03-03-2002, 10:27 AM
I used to start up MS word to check my spelling, but it takes too long. Nowadays I use google (http://www.google.co.uk) to check my spelling

klausi
03-03-2002, 12:05 PM
I remember most of my vocabulary photographic.
If I did spelling misstakes I recognize almost everyone.

klausi

Brian
03-03-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by klausi
I remember most of my vocabulary photographic.
If I did spelling misstakes I recognise almost everyone.

klausi

There's only one 's' in mistake.

:D

dbaryl
03-04-2002, 12:01 AM
I do all that 'teh' stuff myself.. lately though I've done this weird one, too... whenever a word ends with a 't' I tend to press the space bar before I press the 't'... happens to other letters as well... ughhh!

kooma
03-04-2002, 01:53 AM
With a computer other than my own, the biggest issue is the spacebar (usually they're bit more harder to push than my own) and loose keys...

-KEN-
03-04-2002, 05:03 PM
>>reguard

urgh, I do that, too. Also, I used to spell 'genius' 'genious'. Go figure.

Barjor
03-04-2002, 05:45 PM
MEssageBox("Wrong") is something I do 90% of the time. Other then that is only every other word.

ober
03-05-2002, 08:29 AM
I don't usually have a problem with spelling... but i do hate that "offset" problem where you're typing and you end up doing something like this:

smf o ;olr jpe upi fpo yjod dpty pg yjomh///

it's the right keys, wrong place.. I do it all the freakin time. :rolleyes:

Govtcheez
03-05-2002, 08:35 AM
I don't do the offset thing, but I do do the double capitalization.... I don't type particularly fast, but it's fast enough that my fingers don't have enough time to get off the shift key.

Betazep
03-05-2002, 11:57 AM
I found another that I have been doing a lot lately.

fro instead of for

Govtcheez
03-05-2002, 11:58 AM
I just thought you had taken a sudden interest in hair care, BZ....

Imperito
03-05-2002, 01:34 PM
My biggest spelling problem was when I worked in a Congressional office. They were using some funky keyboards, where the space bar was split in half, and the left half was a backspac and the right half was a space.

typelikthialthtimuntigoi

f0ul
03-05-2002, 01:38 PM
Im surprised a bunch of programmers havn't worked out how to customize a spellchecker to catch silly mistakes - thats one thing I always do on a new PC.

Unfortunatly, too much does tend to cause new errors!

The thing that bugs me most though is having a different language in the spell checker - Having been taught UK english as being the one and only, having Word on someone else's system telling me that there's no U in colour and that Licence ends with a SE is soooo annoying!

Are there any other nationalities who suffer similar problems?

Govtcheez
03-05-2002, 01:41 PM
> My biggest spelling problem was when I worked in a Congressional office. They were using some funky keyboards, where the space bar was split in half, and the left half was a backspac and the right half was a space.

Ooo - that woulda been really bad....

> Having been taught UK english as being the one and only, having Word on someone else's system telling me that there's no U in colour and that Licence ends with a SE is soooo annoying!

I guess all you different people are just going to have to learn how to spell, then.... :D

Betazep
03-05-2002, 01:47 PM
>>I just thought you had taken a sudden interest in hair care, BZ....

Yep... I have been growin it fro six yeahs now.

>>I guess all you different people are just going to have to learn how to spell, then....

thats rite. Iam givin spellin lesons for merrely $60 an our. PM me ifins u are intarrested...

Isometric
03-05-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by f0ul

The thing that bugs me most though is having a different language in the spell checker - Having been taught UK english as being the one and only, having Word on someone else's system telling me that there's no U in colour and that Licence ends with a SE is soooo annoying!

The sad part is that I spell like that and I'm from the US. The other thing (rcvr[y gpt yjr 2 pffdrt) is typing is i s!!!