PDA

View Full Version : Moderators tangents

Brian
02-26-2002, 11:56 AM
The board should be a dictatorship, with one leader (me), telling everybody what to do and how to do it. That would work extremely well. We could ignore the restrictions put on us in previous wars, and due to the Prime Minister's policy of appeasment we could build up arms and regain the Rhineland. Eventually we could invade other boards and take them over, and send people with low post counts or "different" titles to death camps. I would hold those boards and we'd make a pact with a Japanese board, who would bomb a board seconds after declaring war, this would make that board join the war and tip the balance. Russia would gradually gain strength and attack us from the east, whilst forces built up in the west. Soon after the west will attack and land on beaches and the army would have to defend two fronts which is very hard. We would be driven back and I would kill myself in my bunker before the board is captured.

fun

ober
02-26-2002, 12:03 PM
i'm down with brian's bunker suicide... let the fighting begin!! :D

and on a serious note, thanks for the update Kermi3 :) Personally, I'm happy with the present moderators... but I'd be willing to vote on a new one.

Brian
02-26-2002, 12:13 PM
5/\/\4|2+455 |=|_|(|<3|2

I just realised what your title means.

ober
02-26-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Brian

I just realised what your title means.

LOL.... took ya long enough...

I echo Deckard's comments.. but I don't know why you picked on Cheez... he's doin fine.

Govtcheez
02-26-2002, 12:38 PM
> (unless, of course, GovtCheese violates his parole and creates an opening).

What the... You sonofa.... I've got my eye on you! If your posts turn pink, it's not gonna be on my head! :p
The board should be a dictatorship, with one leader (me), telling everybody what to do and how to do it. That would work extremely well. We could ignore the restrictions put on us in previous wars, and due to the Prime Minister's policy of appeasment we could build up arms and regain the Rhineland. Eventually we could invade other boards and take them over, and send people with low post counts or "different" titles to death camps. I would hold those boards and we'd make a pact with a Japanese board, who would bomb a board seconds after declaring war, this would make that board join the war and tip the balance. Russia would gradually gain strength and attack us from the east, whilst forces built up in the west. Soon after the west will attack and land on beaches and the army would have to defend two fronts which is very hard. We would be driven back and I would kill myself in my bunker before the board is captured. ROFLMFAO!!!

ober
02-26-2002, 01:30 PM
nice... we got the Brian bashing moved to a new thread... wonderful :)

Deckard
02-26-2002, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by ober5861
I echo Deckard's comments.. but I don't know why you picked on Cheez... he's doin fine. Pick on him? Nay! For we are the best of friends (http://www.cprogramming.com/cboard/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10503)!

Also, sorry about spelling your name wrong, Cheez. Or should I say nickname? For those of you who don't know, GovtCheez's real name is Federalized Dairy Product. It's okay, though - Cher did it, Madonna did it, Cheez can do it, too :)

Govtcheez
02-26-2002, 01:58 PM
Yeah, next, I'm gonna get a symbol, like Prince (or rohit)!

Brian
02-26-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
Yeah, next, I'm gonna get a symbol, like Prince (or rohit)!

Good idea...

ober
02-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Deckard... that post in the other thread was hilarious!! Sorry i missed that the first time around... :D

Govtcheez
02-26-2002, 02:13 PM
Good choice... Should we refer you to as (Alt-0223, in case someone wonders) now, or would you prefer the programmer formerly known as Brian?

ober
02-26-2002, 02:16 PM
*tempted to flame and imply further insults on the , but refrains*

Brian
02-26-2002, 02:39 PM
Yay, I have my own ASCII character! ""

Suck that, prince.

Brian
02-26-2002, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Govtcheez
or would you prefer the programmer formerly known as Brian?

would do fine. "Programmer" wouldn't fit in my title so I used "artist" they're kind of the same, except artists have skill.

Govtcheez
02-26-2002, 02:50 PM
^&^^, &^^&^^^ ^^&^, (side note, auf Englisch - is a consonant or a vowel? nv? anyone?). & ^&^^ ^&^ ^&^&^ ^& ^&& &^

Brian
02-26-2002, 02:55 PM
is actually "ss" or "sz". It's two constenants.

Govtcheez
02-26-2002, 02:56 PM
I know how to pronounce it, I just didn't know if it was technically considered a consonant or vowel by the Germans.

Brian
02-26-2002, 02:57 PM
I don't think it is used much anymore.

doubleanti
02-26-2002, 04:24 PM
>down the offer

shut up ken, trying to play the modest role... all for one [position, which would be modship...] :) we three musketcers we be...

shtarker
02-26-2002, 11:54 PM
is the greek letter for b (as in alpha, beta, gamma, delta etc.) making it greek, therefore neither a vowel nor a consonant.

nvoigt
02-27-2002, 12:31 AM
The beta looks a bit different, this is an , the letter you get when you press the key next to zero on the keyboard. I guess it's an underline on american keyboards ;)

is a sharp form of s, called "s-z", or ess-zett. It's a consonant. Recent reforms in German spelling ( 2000 ) have almost removed it. There are rare occasions in which it is still used. As there are many occasions for modern people where we cannot use our own special signs, or cannot use them easily, each has an official substitute:

= ae
= oe
= ue
= ss ( note it's double s, not sz )

On most new devices, those special signs are implemented, but who wants to press Alt-Special-Ctrl-x & 7 when one can just type a & e :(

Deckard
02-27-2002, 05:15 AM
Originally posted by Brian
Yay, I have my own ASCII character! "ߦquot;On my box, the symbol shows up as a small block (this is undoubtedly due to my use of UTF-8). Instead of "The artist formerly known as Brian", may I call you "Block Head"? :D

Brian
02-27-2002, 11:57 AM
what browser/os do you have?

nvoigt
02-27-2002, 12:58 PM
Use "west-european(windows)" as language and you will see ;)

novacain
02-27-2002, 10:39 PM
The question we all realy want answered is;

What is in Govt's '& ^'language?

ober
02-28-2002, 06:50 AM
it's definately a "#"... all greek letters/wing dings/etc. shall be referred to by "#"

Govtcheez
02-28-2002, 07:55 AM
> What is in Govt's '& ^'language?

I'm not sure... That's why I was wondering if it was a consonant or vowel... I think that ober's suggestion's a good one, though...