PDA

View Full Version : Sun Java Certification.Need opinions!

stratovarius519
02-26-2002, 01:21 AM
I am not going to argue whether or not Java is superior or inferior to C and C++.I personally think it is inferior but my question stands from a pure practical standpoint.How useful is that Sun certification in terms of increasing probability of getting a job? I do have about 11 months of C programming but I never had to deal with OOP concepts. I like C and I was looking forward to starting C++ but I also wanna get a job.Will that help? if it will, what could be a required time period to study? Thanks guys, I appreciate your responses.

Unregistered
02-27-2002, 02:13 PM
i dun wanna help u since u called Java inferior to C without knowing watz inside the shell.

i wouldn't atleast mind if someone who messes with OOP has said tt.

Java rockzzz
-Write Once, Run Everywhere-

Unregistered
02-27-2002, 02:15 PM
oh i forgot to mention...the time u require to learn depends on the convolutions under ur skull....hehe!!

alrite..no offence, ttz the truth!!

Govtcheez
02-27-2002, 02:16 PM
i dun wanna help u since u called Java inferior to C without knowing watz inside the shell.

i wouldn't atleast mind if someone who messes with OOP has said tt.

Java rockzzz
-Write Once, Run Everywhere-::snicker:: Heeheee.... BWHAAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Anyways, yeah, I'd say that getting the cert can't do anything but help you. It'll look good on your CV, and also introduce you too OOP concepts, which will help with C++, if you decide to do that.

Brian
02-27-2002, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Unregistered

But he's right.

sean
02-27-2002, 04:41 PM
OK, this message is for the guy who needs to learn English: You're only proving his point.

stratovarius519
02-28-2002, 03:02 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
oh i forgot to mention...the time u require to learn depends on the convolutions under ur skull....hehe!!

alrite..no offence, ttz the truth!!

Wow.what an interesting inside!I especially enjoyed your nice way of putting it.Did I say I never "messed" with OOP? What shell are you referring to? Would that be C Shell, Korn Shell or Bash Shell? Could you also elaborate as to how Java "rocks"? I did not ask for help, I merely asked for opinions.There is a difference you know.I also assume you have written quite a big chunk of JDK yourself.