Get used to it.

Fool
09-12-2001, 07:07 AM
Democracy:D

-Fool

Wan Valdez
09-12-2001, 08:21 AM
Freedom of speech!

Unfortunately people with communist backgrounds have communism in their bloodlines. They don't get it.

Get used to it.

RobS
09-12-2001, 11:53 AM
http://www.ideasign.com/chiliast/pdocs/definedemoc.htm

Hillbillie
09-12-2001, 09:06 PM
Dean, I love democracy. You and I and many others are fortunate to live in a society that surrounds democracy.

However, the Internet is not a democracy in every aspect. No one owns the Internet (despite what the U.S. thinks and says, hehe). It just so happens that the site you are posting to is not owned by you (or so we hope ;)). The owners can do with it what they like. I have noticed that the Webmaster and the Moderators run the board. They don't have to give in to democracy. If they don't like what you say, they can delete it. It's very simple.

Although I agree that they shouldn't delete something just because they find it stupid or dumb, they can (and obviously they have). Get used to it.

This wasn't meant to be a flame :)

Witch_King
09-12-2001, 09:10 PM
Until they cut my hands and feet off I'll post whatever I want. I won't give in to terrorism.

Hillbillie
09-12-2001, 09:13 PM
>Until they cut my hands and feet off I'll post whatever I want. I won't give in to terrorism.

That's fine with me. Just as long as you understand the mods don't go by democracy when it comes to moderating....

Witch_King
09-12-2001, 09:18 PM
Just as long as you understand the mods don't go by democracy when it comes to moderating....

No kidding. I don't even think they know what democracy is.

Hillbillie
09-12-2001, 09:24 PM
They're just keeping junk off the boards is my guess. <ARSE KISSING>I think they do a pretty good job at it if I say so.</ARSE KISSING> LOL. But shots like that is prolly why they delete your posts.

Witch_King
09-12-2001, 09:32 PM
I think that they delete posts so that they can advertise propaganda. Anyone who deletes posts that don't contain abusive language but instead contain ideas is stifling freedom.

Originally I voiced my opinions on the issue of terrorism. It did not contain any abusive language and it was deleted because the moderator didn't agree with my beliefs.

nvoigt
09-13-2001, 02:49 AM
Hi Dean,
up to now I did not delete any of your posts on terrorism,
but probably only because I was late and someone else
already did what had to be done.

In any democracy, there are rules. And there are people
enforcing these rules. If it were not for them, it would
probably be an anarchy, not a democracy.

This is a private place you may visit at the owners mercy. He
makes the rules of his home and he decides who enforces them.
He let his visitors chose the peacekeepers themselves. In my
mind, that's pretty democratic. Anyway, you can view it whatever
you want: King Athur and his knights or the Emperor and his
Stormtroopers, it's always a dictatorship.

There are several possibilities to fight a dictatorship:

If you have a broad backup, you can start a revolution.
If you are alone, you can wage a guerilla/terrorist war.
If you are the heir, you can wait for the dictator to perish.

There are certain rules in place here. They aren't written
down, because we think that it's just the basic rules of
civilized communication. Sometimes people don't even
adhere to this rules. Then posts or threads get deleted.

Govtcheez
09-13-2001, 05:46 AM
No, Dean, I delete posts because when someone reports a post, I get e-mail. I hate e-mail. If I had my druthers, I'd delete every post here. I just get that much of a kick over repeatedly hitting delete.

The first thread I edited was because, yes, you had used profanity, and you had unfairly said that a group had done it.

You then proceeded to say why you wished that I was in the Towers when the airplanes hit. (among other profanity-laden rants)

To top it all off, you posted about 15 threads (you numbered them, in case your memory's not that great) with exactly the same msg (full of profanity again).

I don't buy your statement that if I hadn't deleted some of your posts, you wouldn't have made worse ones. You're no different than a spoiled 6 year old throwing a temper tantrum after his parents tell him "No".

Hillbillie:
>But shots like that is prolly why they delete your posts.

Nope, sorry. They gotta be worse than that.