PDA

View Full Version : Anyone view this forum on a Blackberry?

Sharke
06-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I sometimes take a look at this forum on my Blackberry Bold with the Blackberry browser. It's a real pain in the ass because the page will frequently quit loading half way, so I'll get all the top stuff and a few posts and then it'll stop. Sometimes I have to refresh the thing 5 or 6 times before the whole thing will load.

This is the only site which behaves like this on my BB. Has anyone else experienced the same thing? I'm downloading on AT&T's 3G network.

bithub
06-08-2009, 11:08 PM
I use my iphone sometimes and it seems to work ok, so I don't think it's AT&T's network. I had a blackberry pearl before, and the web browser was pretty bad. I'm not sure how the Bold's browser compares though.

Sharke
06-08-2009, 11:16 PM
I use my iphone sometimes and it seems to work ok, so I don't think it's AT&T's network. I had a blackberry pearl before, and the web browser was pretty bad. I'm not sure how the Bold's browser compares though.

I think it's much the same. Actually it works out really well for me otherwise. I don't really need all the browsing bells and whistles when I'm on my phone. The basic text will do. Maybe I'll try Opera Mini and see how it loads with that. Not a fan of Opera's mobile browsers however.

hauzer
06-09-2009, 04:02 PM
I browsed this forum a lot on my N70 with Opera Mini. Has a few bugs here and there, but it's far better than the stock browser.