PDA

View Full Version : C, A Software Engineering Approach by Peter Darnell and Philip Margolis

Sebastiani
04-23-2009, 12:31 PM
This was the very first programming book I ever purchased, and remains to be one of my favorites. The book covers just about every aspect of C, as well as stylistic guidelines, project planning recommendations, optimization tips, and more, and contains many useful appendixes, including a mini C library reference. It even includes the full source code for a lexical scanner for C, which is very cool. Clear and concise, this compact little book is an extremely practical guide to programming in C.

I highly recommend this book.

programmingc
12-01-2010, 01:25 AM
I like this book lot.I also have this book quite informative,good description and good example.But for beginners i WOuld recommend yaswant kanetkar let us c

ssharish2005
06-16-2011, 06:05 AM
>i WOuld recommend yaswant kanetkar let us c
I wouldn't, he uses a very ancient complier (Turbo C) for his demonstation and nowwhere near to standard his codes are.

ssharish

mistu4u
06-25-2011, 12:01 AM
I wouldn't, he uses a very ancient complier (Turbo C) for his demonstation and nowwhere near to standard his codes are.

ssharish
So what is the best book do you think which can challenge "Let Us C"?

mistu4u
06-25-2011, 12:03 AM

ssharish

MK27
06-26-2011, 12:33 PM

I haven't read it myself, but a lot of "newbies" on the board seem to benefit much from Brian Kernighan and Dennis Ritchie's book:

The C Programming Language - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_C_Programming_Language)

and if those people are any indication it seems to encourage good style and provide a lot of well designed, challenging exercises.