PDA

View Full Version : a question about the forums

cmay
04-01-2009, 02:20 PM
hi.
i am used to in forums when i follow my own posts in other treads i can click on my own userprofile and find the last few posts i replied to. i do not see that well so i am really most comfortable with checking my own post once in a while so am sure i do not get any misunderstanding happening somewhere in a tread. how do i do this here.

when i try click on cmay avatar or userpofile etc etc i get the message i am not allowed to view this page because i do not have the permissions or something like that. i can not keep track of my own post in any way then in what way do i find my last few post when i need to check up on them.

thanks for the time.

sean
04-01-2009, 02:23 PM
There's a minimum number of posts that have to be made before you're allowed to view any user profiles - I guess that includes your own. I'll report the bug - I don't see any reason why you shouldn't be allowed to see your own profile.

Once you can see your profile, you just click on "Find all posts by this user". There's a similar link for all the threads you've started.

Moved to GD.

cmay
04-01-2009, 02:58 PM
thanks.
its just that i like to check up on the posts i make so i am sure that i did not say anything wrong or if anyone ask me what i mean with i can explain it better. i have bad eyesight but it is not always a problem. sometimes it is and i feel better if i check my own posts once in a while when i know i have problems with my eyes sometimes.

thanks for the time.

Daved
04-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Click on User CP to see threads you're subscribed to. If you automatically subscribe to threads you've replied to, then any new posts to those threads should show up there.