PDA

View Full Version : Idiot spammer.

brewbuck
03-23-2009, 04:11 PM
Is there really no way to block this idiot? Every single one of the posts is identical. Can't we put some kind of filter?

sean
03-23-2009, 04:18 PM
We're working on it...

Sentral
03-23-2009, 04:50 PM
What are you talking about? I love spam! I can't wait to buy the cheapest drugs on the Internet :D

abachler
03-23-2009, 08:13 PM
you can block his account and do a reverse search of every IP he has used to find his other accounts, then add them to the block as well. I did it on my vBulletin site when a similar incident occured. You can access ll those function throught eh admin interface. If someone wants to make me an admin Ill do it for you, yes I promise not to ban Elysia or whatshisname ;)

ಠ_ಠ
03-23-2009, 08:15 PM
you can block his account and do a reverse search of every IP he has used to find his other accounts, then add them to the block as well. I did it on my vBulletin site when a similar incident occured. You can access ll those function throught eh admin interface. If someone wants to make me an admin Ill do it for you, yes I promise not to ban Elysia or whatshisname ;)

odds are he is using a proxy

sean
03-23-2009, 08:19 PM
They're all different IPs, abachler - it looks like it was a botnet. Some new restrictions have been put in place. It should stop...

Thanks to everyone who's been reporting the posts - it's helped us clean up rather quickly.