PDA

View Full Version : taking suggestions for easter eggs.

doubleanti
02-19-2002, 02:39 PM
it's for the next behold release [exe, not jpg...]. i'd be interested in your replies. i'll be taking suggestions via PM so that no one else knows about eachothers easter eggs okay? and i'll let ya know here if yours will be included... [w/o spoiling it] okay?!?! :) fun fun fun!!!

doubleanti
02-19-2002, 03:37 PM
okay so far i plan to do govts [:)] and ricks [:)]... any other suggestions? if you do multiple suggestions i'll probably only choose one, unless i think they're really good... etc... thanks guys!!! [and i'm interested to see suggestions from a few certain of you...]

DavidP
02-20-2002, 05:56 PM
do a surfing monkey animation with funny surfing music!

doubleanti
02-20-2002, 06:07 PM
doing ober5861s and kens...

doubleanti
02-21-2002, 04:48 PM
oh, and hmm... here are some of the possible places you could put the easter egg...

1.) startup [but i'm feeling reserved]
2.) f1 add entry
3.) f2 view entries
4.) f7 string count
5.) f8 statistics
6.) f9 biorhythm
7.) shutdown

8.) anywhere

i'll probably add more functions later, but so far this is it... and i'll take more suggestions...

rick barclay
02-22-2002, 01:32 AM
I'm posting this here only because DA said it must be posted
at cprogramming.

rick barclay wrote on 02-22-2002 05:30 AM:

da. HI. I ran your journal in an attempt to find a good
command set with which to generate an easter egg for
flashdaddee.com.

There aren't very many commands in your program to begin
with, which isn't a problem, because as I understand easter eggs,
they are generated by command sets not contained in the
retail documentation for the program. The responsibility for
inclusion of an easter egg lies with the program's programmers,
who formulate a key stroke and a screen shot or whatever
of the easter egg. So with this in mind, I would give you this suggestion for a flashdaddee easter egg: I think a good idea
for a flashdaddee easter egg would be a screen shot of flashdaddee's home page, or possibly of the forums page with
a shot of a post menu with showing some of our members' names. That's my suggestion. Thinking up a keystroke set to
generate said easter egg is up to you, my man, and shouldn't
be all that hard to think of. I'm sure you'll get back to me on this, so
I'll be ready, I think.

rick

vasanth
03-03-2002, 08:43 AM
sighn..................

doubleanti
03-14-2002, 04:39 PM
govt, rick, ober, ken, dp's [the second one], no-ones, and eriond s... so thats... ::counts fingures::... 7 so far, and pending on more... feel free... [i really like a few of the ideas you've gotten...]

Brian
03-15-2002, 01:07 PM
You don't want to make your program 100% easter egg, two is enough (one mega obscure one which no one ever figures out and one that people figure out quickly)