PDA

View Full Version : why doesnt the C++ standard library committee offer any AUI related libararie?

Masterx
02-13-2009, 01:14 PM
hello all, its been a while that i am thinking why the committee that releases the standard C++ libraries ( header files , stuff) doesnt offer any library fo AUI , i know there are couple of GUI frameworks for C++ out there , but why dont they do it themselves!
by doing such a thing C++ standard library would cover much more stuff and thus the need to use third party frameworks and thus solving problems associated with them would vanish!

whats your idea?

laserlight
02-13-2009, 01:17 PM
Stroustrup does give an answer concerning a standard GUI: Why doesn't C++ have a GUI? (http://www.research.att.com/~bs/bs_faq.html#gui) Admittedly, it sounds a little like he is avoiding the question but reluctantly putting it on his FAQ because it really is frequently asked.

Ronix
02-13-2009, 01:33 PM
It would be extremely hard to standardize a GUI; they aren't standardized across operating systems, so trying to standardize it in the CORE of a programming language would be a horrible idea. Visual Basic is the only language I know of that actually did a good job with doing that (On the flip side, it was bad at almost everything else... and only worked on windows)

Masterx
02-13-2009, 01:48 PM
thanks, i get it now.