PDA

View Full Version : weird google glitch?

stevesmithx
01-31-2009, 08:51 AM
Just now I searched for the term "ascii chart" and all the results had the link "This site may harm your computer". All the others terms returned results with the same message.
Is it just me or anybody else experiencing this?

Codeplug
01-31-2009, 09:26 AM
http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=09/01/31/1457221

gg

kermit
01-31-2009, 09:51 AM
I agree it pretty much useless... There is no link on the warning page to just continue on even. You have to manually correct the URL in the address bar.

CornedBee
01-31-2009, 11:51 AM
Well, if it's meant to discourage people from going to the malicious site, you can't make it too easy to get there, now can you?

twomers
01-31-2009, 11:56 AM
Yeah. I was getting that when searching earlier for every hit. Gotta be a glitch. It was saying msdn was dodgy... Looks fine now, for me.

kermit
01-31-2009, 11:58 AM
Well, if it's meant to discourage people from going to the malicious site, you can't make it too easy to get there, now can you?

I'll take my malicious site with chocolate syrup on top. k thnx bye.

:D

happyclown
01-31-2009, 06:05 PM
Speaking of Google, it must really love this site(/cboard.cprogramming.com).

I made a post in the Tech Forum 12 hours ago, and when I did a search for it now, using only 4 keywords, it is listed as number 2, on page 1 of search results. Another combination(still same keywords) results in #4, page 1.

That is phenomenal. This site has massive potential to attract visitors, if it's posts get indexed that quickly. :)

JustMax
01-31-2009, 07:53 PM
They have fixed it but earlier today, I did a searche for "Google" and it came back telling me that google.com may be dangerous :)

SlyMaelstrom
01-31-2009, 09:28 PM
Speaking of Google, it must really love this site(/cboard.cprogramming.com).

I made a post in the Tech Forum 12 hours ago, and when I did a search for it now, using only 4 keywords, it is listed as number 2, on page 1 of search results. Another combination(still same keywords) results in #4, page 1.

That is phenomenal. This site has massive potential to attract visitors, if it's posts get indexed that quickly. :)Well, yeah. Have you ever looked at the full user list and not seen Google's spider sniffing around? Yahoo!'s, MSN's, and Ask's spiders are here all the time, too. Frequently in multiple instances.

stevesmithx
01-31-2009, 10:12 PM
Well, yeah. Have you ever looked at the full user list and not seen Google's spider sniffing around? Yahoo!'s, MSN's, and Ask's spiders are here all the time, too. Frequently in multiple instances.
What is this "full user list"? I have never seen it before. :p
I thought google crawler and others are invisible when they visit any site.

tabstop
01-31-2009, 10:22 PM
I thought google crawler and others are invisible when they visit any site.

On the main page, "Currently Active Users" (the words themselves) are a link.

SlyMaelstrom
01-31-2009, 10:22 PM
I thought google crawler and others are invisible when they visit any site.As said:

http://cboard.cprogramming.com/online.php

There are four pages currently. By the way, I'd like to add that :.:ANYBODY:.: can do it with a chart, Steve.

stevesmithx
01-31-2009, 10:37 PM
oh i see it now. :)

There are four pages currently. By the way, I'd like to add that :.:ANYBODY:.: can do it with a chart, Steve.
Sorry to bother you again :p. What kind of chart?

tabstop
01-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Sorry to bother you again :p. What kind of chart?
I believe he's referring to your original Google search, which was for an ASCII chart.

stevesmithx
01-31-2009, 10:54 PM
Ah! I get it. :D

VirtualAce
02-01-2009, 01:11 AM
Google mistakenly put all their known URLs on the dangerous list. It has been corrected and there are several news stories on it floating around the web.