PDA

View Full Version : The closest to a homework question without it being locked

DanFraser
01-26-2009, 07:01 AM
You might enjoy this!

As a long time C# guy, liking it for it's easily readable style, easy control etc, it's coming to the most annoying part of Uni life for a programmer. C++ and C. God they are ugly! I actually have to think about what each line is doing, because it's not clear as to what should be happening!

Lord save me!

laserlight
01-26-2009, 07:10 AM
Moved to General Discussions.

I actually have to think about what each line is doing, because it's not clear as to what should be happening!
More likely you simply lack experience with programming languages that are new to you. This might be compounded by poorly designed example programs.

MeTh0Dz
01-26-2009, 07:14 AM
C and C++ are hardly ugly languages syntactically. You just lack latitude in your programming experiences.

CornedBee
01-26-2009, 08:33 AM
C# and C++ are not so different in style that such a claim holds any water.

happyclown
01-27-2009, 04:28 AM
I am a newbie to programming, and to C, and I am enjoying C very much. :)

vart
01-27-2009, 04:42 AM
[Vart]: "computer tries to do what you ask, takes garbage as an address and goes there. In your case it arrives in HELL and notifies you about his death with the seg fault." 01-19-2009

[matsp]: " Well, bring your brother over here and I'll give him a slap! " 01-19-2009

I'm very interested to know why matsp is written as it is, and my nick was fixed to not match the original style?

indigo0086
01-27-2009, 12:07 PM
I'm pretty sure he's being *cringe* Snarky...

matsp
01-27-2009, 12:52 PM
I'm very interested to know why matsp is written as it is, and my nick was fixed to not match the original style?

So, that was someone who wanted to install gcc, and I gave a good link to Code::Blocks that include gcc, but instead the big brother of the OP decided that "No, you have to download the compiler on it's own, we do not want any IDE's here". I may have been a bit tired at the time as well.

--
Mats

happyclown
01-27-2009, 03:52 PM

All fixed now. :)

happyclown
01-27-2009, 03:54 PM
So, that was someone who wanted to install gcc, and I gave a good link to Code::Blocks that include gcc, but instead the big brother of the OP decided that "No, you have to download the compiler on it's own, we do not want any IDE's here". I may have been a bit tired at the time as well.

--
Mats

It sure gave me a good laugh. I only quote things that make me laugh. :D

Akkernight
01-28-2009, 03:25 AM
I like to make people laugh :D I'm no good at it, but still like it ;) So happy to have you quoting me now ^^