PDA

View Full Version : Did you work today?

kermit
12-24-2008, 02:25 PM
How dedicated are you? Or perhaps the better question is, how dedicated is your employer? :) Are you still at work? Or did the boss let you have the day off?

I worked until 2:30 today, in the wet snow (10 inches of the stuff fell last night), with the last couple of hours being quite rainy. My boots were so wet, I think my feet were swimming.

whiteflags
12-24-2008, 03:01 PM
Mom just came home from work.

Dino
12-24-2008, 04:12 PM
No work for me. I took off last Thursday @ noon and won't go back until 1/6 next year.

zacs7
12-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Yeah I did 9 hours today (in an internet cafe). What a waste of time, I think we actually lost money. As all the backpackers were partying ;)

matsp
12-24-2008, 07:10 PM
Not been working for over a week.

--
Mats

Akkernight
12-24-2008, 07:12 PM
I worked Monday and Tuesday(this week) :P Needed the money to pay for my server -.- Working in a fish factory(?) ain't no fun! I hatez it -.-
oh and Merry Christmas everybody! :D

VirtualAce
12-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Worked Monday and Tuesday. Most certainly OOO till Monday.

abachler
12-25-2008, 12:32 AM
All I want for Christmas is a job :(

shoutatchickens
12-29-2008, 09:33 AM
I worked until about 2PM on the 24th. But I got Friday off !!!!!!

hk_mp5kpdw
12-29-2008, 11:54 AM
Monday (22nd), water main break at around noon... official word came down at around 1:30 "all non-essential employees are instructed to leave" so I got to leave a few hours early (had to take some personal/vacation leave).

Tuesday (23rd), building still closed to "non-essential personnel" for water main repairs. Took a full days vacation leave.

Wednesday (24th), came into work, let off early (around 1:00) by manager for Christmas Eve.

Thursday (25th), duh!

Friday (26th), another federal holiday on orders of our president... as a contractor that does not apply to me so I'd either have to work or take a full days vacation leave (I choose the leave).

This week I'm working up through Wednesday then off for the rest of the week. We'll probably (99% chance) get let off early again on Wednesday.

brewbuck
12-29-2008, 05:14 PM
How dedicated are you? Or perhaps the better question is, how dedicated is your employer? :) Are you still at work? Or did the boss let you have the day off?

I worked until 2:30 today, in the wet snow (10 inches of the stuff fell last night), with the last couple of hours being quite rainy. My boots were so wet, I think my feet were swimming.

I've been on vacation since last Tuesday because I'm not allowed to carry my vacation hours into 2009, so I had to use them. It's not my favorite time of year to take vacation. Usually I like to go hiking, backpacking, or travelling and the weather isn't making that easy.

But since I would have lost those days anyway, I don't have any problem taking them even if I can't go anywhere.

brewbuck
12-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Monday (22nd), water main break at around noon... official word came down at around 1:30 "all non-essential employees are instructed to leave" so I got to leave a few hours early (had to take some personal/vacation leave).

At least I'm not the only one who gets fworked out of his vacation just because the office was forced to close.

twomers
12-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Off since Thursday (18th) and not back till 6th of January. Though I do have things to look through during the holidays...