PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye Austin (but not farewell)

Sebastiani
12-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Well, this is my last week in Austin. I'm taking a job in North Carolina that will last for at least one year. I'm really going to miss this place - the nightlife, the music, the flora and fauna, and most definitely the authentic Mexican cuisine (I may have to learn how to make my own horchata). The good news is: I'll be back. So long, Waterloo!

matsp
12-23-2008, 12:20 PM
I'm sure there are good things in North Carolina too - where abouts are you going?

--
Mats

Sebastiani
12-23-2008, 12:29 PM
>> I'm sure there are good things in North Carolina too - where abouts are you going?

I know, I'm just being sentimental - I've actually heard great things about NC, and I think it'll be a good fit. I'm moving to an area referred to as Research Triangle Park (or simply RTP).

zacs7
12-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Are you at least going to continue wearing your Texan hat in NC?

Since you're a SE, do you have to move around a lot for work or something? I need to know because I will be in the same boots in 3 more years :'(

Sebastiani
12-24-2008, 09:37 AM
It really depends on where you live and what opportunities it has to offer. Austin, for instance, generally has a lot of available tech jobs, but in my case, the company made me an offer I just couldn't refuse. =) Also keep in mind that in some cases, you can even find 'telecommute' work, but I don't particularly like this sort of arrangement, as you miss out on the personal interaction that is so important for making projects turn out successfully.