PDA

View Full Version : What should I study

santiman12
07-13-2008, 09:37 PM
Next year I'm going to go to college, here in my country (Argentina)

I'd like to know which career should I study in order to, after graduating, attend to the Guildhall at SMU. My options are:
-Computer Science.
-and, systems engineer(It would be something like a computer engineering kind of career).

I want to hear you opinions, thank you.

zacs7
07-13-2008, 10:27 PM
Whichever you like more. The end.

santiman12
07-14-2008, 08:33 AM
yes, but, which career would give me a better c++ base?

VirtualAce
07-14-2008, 06:23 PM
Moved to GD board.

This post has nothing to do with game programming.

CornedBee
07-15-2008, 02:49 AM
You give you the C++ base yourself by independent study. You won't learn a single language well in any CS-related study, since they're more focused on language-independent topics (as they should be).

indigo0086
07-15-2008, 07:05 AM
You give you the C++ base yourself by independent study. You won't learn a single language well in any CS-related study, since they're more focused on language-independent topics (as they should be).

I agree, most of what I know I've learned on my own. I'm still doing it. They provide a good foundation and some time to kill but they teach you at most the basics and where to learn more. Hell google will probably be a good start, as a lot of lessons (of various quality) are available.

Perspective
07-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Che Boludo (;)) ... me parece que es mejor para hacer la de Comutacion. Va a tener mas cursos de programacion si queres aprender C++.