PDA

View Full Version : Youtube magic

Magos
04-30-2008, 10:18 AM
To any youtube link, append &fmt=18 to get a higher quality version (in most cases). As I understood it, it shows the originally uploaded movie instead of the converted low version it usually shows. Maybe it's common knowledge, but I just (happily) heard of it :)

Mario F.
04-30-2008, 10:39 AM
How deliciously coincident (http://cboard.cprogramming.com/showthread.php?t=102439)..

I actually place YouTube on the very top of my own Top 10 List of the Most Useless Things On The Internet.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. Just couldn't resist it, giving the recent discussion. Won't bother again.

Perspective
04-30-2008, 11:14 AM
>Top 10 List of the Most Useless Things On The Internet.

search youtube for TED talks, that should change your mind.

Mario F.
04-30-2008, 11:44 AM
search youtube for TED talks, that should change your mind.

You mean, other than going here (http://www.ted.com)?
Not only is faster, it's higher quality and better organized. I know you know about ted.com, I'm not that pretentious. :) So what am I missing that you tried to tell me?

Perspective
04-30-2008, 11:56 AM
>So what am I missing that you tried to tell me?

the wonderful search engine of course </sarcasm>

on a more serious note, youtube is a great way for people and small sites to host videos that they normally wouldn't have the bandwidth for. I do agree that most of the content on there is crap though.

jEssYcAt
04-30-2008, 01:30 PM
Yes, but without YouTube, we wouldn't have the wonderful "Leave Brittney Alone" video! Wait, I think I'm proving your point instead of countering it...

SlyMaelstrom
04-30-2008, 02:04 PM
Youtube is a good place to listen to music for free (without stealing it) as long as you minimize the crappy anime montage that goes along with it.

Neo1
05-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Youtube is a good place to listen to music for free (without stealing it) as long as you minimize the crappy anime montage that goes along with it.

And don't mind the sound quality being equivalent to a 30 year old AM Radio...

SlyMaelstrom
05-01-2008, 01:38 PM
And don't mind the sound quality being equivalent to a 30 year old AM Radio...I don't know any other free streaming music sources that offer better audio... or at least not significantly better than what Youtube is capable of streaming. Some videos may have bad audio, but then you just find another.

Anyway... this was meant to be somewhat sarcastic. I could certainly live without Youtube.