PDA

View Full Version : post counts...

ober
02-04-2002, 07:38 AM
ok... so i'm bored, and I just randomly looked up the top posters on this bored... and I realize I just barely made the top 30... now my question is this:

Is it a good or a bad thing that this is true... cuz either A) I have a life and am hardly on here, or B) I don't ask many questions... meaning that I don't program in C much or I just don't need answers.. or C) I'm not helping many people... so what good am I doing?

Or the almighty answer... D) No one really cares and I should just shutup and get to work.. :rolleyes:

hk_mp5kpdw
02-04-2002, 07:46 AM
E) You bide your time searching for meaningful questions to respond to where your expertice can be best applied while everyone else above you in the postings are pouncing on every scrap thrown into the water like sharks in a feeding frenzy in a horrible attempt to artificially boost their numbers.

Maybe its OK not to be #1 in the postings!;)

Govtcheez
02-04-2002, 07:47 AM
Well - you still have 350+, so the life answer's out of the question (you don't have one - people like me just have less of... um... no life)
B) Most of the top posters don't ask a ton of questions..
C)Can't really answer that...
D)Yeah, probably... same here :)

shtarker
02-04-2002, 07:48 AM
Well thats a good question.

You actually being here rules out a.
Posting that in a question form rules out b.
And the irrevalncy of this thread rules out c.

Really i think you have answered your own question.

ober
02-04-2002, 07:54 AM
yeah, i kinda answered my own question there... i'm bored... sue me

yup... it's official... i'm at work, and i don't feel like writing code all morning... *stretches*.. time to get some hot chocolate... (no offense to all you coffee drinkers, but that stuff sucks...)

Unregistered
02-04-2002, 07:54 AM
You have no life if you have to ask this question.

ober
02-04-2002, 08:18 AM
Originally posted by Unregistered
You have no life if you have to ask this question.

*sigh*... a good point he makes

incognito
02-04-2002, 02:46 PM
Hold on weren't you the one that told me I had no life on another thread?

ober
02-04-2002, 02:53 PM
i spout off at the mouth at times... it's likely... no offense.. there's no notation on here for sarcasm.. ;)

incognito
02-04-2002, 03:05 PM
yeah, that's true they should make a tag for sacasm, and oh yeah, no hard feelings.

golfinguy4
02-04-2002, 04:57 PM
thats a good idea!!

[joke]You have a life[\joke]

ygfperson
02-04-2002, 05:07 PM
try this one:

int main() {
int t;
t=(rand()%4)+'A';
cout << "The answer is "/*" << (char)t << "*/ << (char)69
<< "\n";
return 0;
}

ok, maybe it's not so subtle...

doubleanti
02-04-2002, 05:10 PM
actually ygf, that would produce the same result since you hadn't reseeded the RNG... so, reseed it with a value with a fine granularity, and then we'd be set...

ygfperson
02-04-2002, 06:29 PM
it doesn't even really use the RNG. look carefully.

doubleanti
02-04-2002, 08:00 PM
oh okay yeah the output is static, well okay then.

mithrandir
02-04-2002, 09:50 PM
If you're like me, you come here every day (or every other day), make a couple of posts and that's it. However, I've been doing this for several months, so it builds up. There isn't a rule to say "Ye shall help others lest ye are to be considered useless". I seldom ever visit the other forums here because they bore me to tears..it's always the same old questions being asked. No doubt many other long-time/regular members feel the same way.