PDA

View Full Version : Did you watch the super bowl

compjinx
02-04-2002, 01:41 AM
I kinda did.

compjinx
02-04-2002, 02:01 AM
Oops, sorry, thought I was in the general board.

nvoigt
02-04-2002, 04:21 AM
moved to GD.

maes
02-04-2002, 06:19 AM
I watched it for the first time in my life and I think it was a good game. to bad I didn't know any of the players. But one thing is sure.I think I'll grow a beard

Deckard
02-04-2002, 06:38 AM
Nope, didn't watch the Super Bowl. But how about that NHL All-Star game, eh? :)

hk_mp5kpdw
02-04-2002, 07:38 AM
I watched maybe 10 minutes of it, I was mostly flipping through the channels. I saw Bono's entrance during the half-time show at one point but had no great desire to watch it to completion. Mostly I just got bored and went upstairs and played Medal Of Honor: Allied Assault on my computer.

Govtcheez
02-04-2002, 07:41 AM
I sure did.... at one point, I was going to go to bed, but had to stay up unti lthe end.... So glad I did.... I'm glad it wasn't another crappy one like last year....

Also - anyone else think most of the commercials were really lame this year?

ober
02-04-2002, 07:58 AM
there were a couple good ones... nothing absolutely spectacular... I was hoping that once Britney got back to the current year, her skimpiness level would slip back to what we're used to... but alas... no such luck :(

Govtcheez
02-04-2002, 08:00 AM
> But how about that NHL All-Star game, eh? :)

<------------Wondering how the hell Sean Burke made the team.

Betazep
02-04-2002, 12:57 PM
I had to work...

Shiro
02-04-2002, 12:59 PM
Haven't seen it. I once saw some American sports on TV, I really didn't understand it at all. The only thing I remember of it were the big shows around them. You American like shows don't you?

Govtcheez
02-04-2002, 01:02 PM
> You American like shows don't you?

Sure - if you're gonna do it, do it loud and make it colorful.. That's the American way :)

Shiro
02-04-2002, 01:05 PM
Most sports in Europe are done with just little colour and little noise. Though there is one sport in Europe which is very very popular: football. The American call it soccer, if I remember well. Do American watch European sport? In Europe, most people don't even know about American sports. Except basketball perhaps.

Govtcheez
02-04-2002, 01:11 PM
> Do American watch European sport?

No - they're not colorful or loud enough. :)

Actually, rarely - they're not on TV very much... I watch rugby whenever I get a chance...

incognito
02-04-2002, 02:37 PM
The halftime show was better than the game to me and oh yeah the pregame show.

Dalren
02-04-2002, 03:27 PM
there were a couple of good commercials but not enough for me to justify watching the entire thing rather than doing my math homework, oh well. Now answer me this, how do they manage to make the halftime show so crappy year after year. U2 a band that used to be great comes out and sings 2 of their worst songs ever. :sigh: maybe there next cd wont be as bad

golfinguy4
02-04-2002, 05:05 PM
You kidding me, European soccer rules. Here's some math for you.

European soccer=American soccer*100

This is why America always sucks in the World Cup.

compjinx
02-04-2002, 06:14 PM
Thanks nvoigt.

rick barclay
02-04-2002, 06:30 PM
Yesah, those were some of the lamest Super Bowl ads I've
ever seen. Game was great, especially the ending. Bono was
great. The holograph or whatever you want to call it of the
names of the Sept. 11 victims was heart-rending, and the
reaction of the crown at the end of the half time show was by
far the loudest I've ever heard. Madden and summerall were
solid. I loved Madden's gaffe at the end when he criticized the
Pats for going for the win instead of a tie. He'll be eating a
lot of crow for that one, although I'm sure he'll stick to his guns
about playing for a tie. Pats would have lost for sure if they did that.

rick barclay

gnu-ehacks
02-04-2002, 10:00 PM
YES!!!

I watched it.

Dissata
02-05-2002, 09:10 PM
Game was good,

commercials lame,

I was in vegas, having fun,

betting the odds

winning money!

edit:
------ does anyone else agree that the odds were obscene?
rams -14 / moneyline -120
over/under +52(changed alot)

tim545666
02-05-2002, 10:13 PM
It seems like I'm the only soccer hater here :sigh:. But yes, that was the best super bowl I've ever seen, because every time it's a close game my team seems to find a way to lose (Titans' Kevin Dyson 2 yards short). I think that was Kevin Dyson. Anyway, soccer (fake football) is trash. Most americans realize that, that must be why
European soccer=American soccer*100 cuz american soccer is crap. Commercials were trash, and I noticed something else. There was a 2 hour pregame show (booooooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiiiiiing after 30 minutes), a kickoff show, a halftime show, and a postgame show. Why do we need so many? Just show the damn game, and at halftime all we need is the cheerleaders.