PDA

View Full Version : Software methodology

ssharish2005
03-27-2008, 03:43 AM
Hello,

Itís been very long that i have posted anything on this board now. Perhaps you will never find any of my post from past two months or so. Missed this board quite a lot. Did any one realize though.

But I am back for help again people. Hope some body can help me in this. I am in the process of writing my final year project report. I am pretty stuck on methodology chapter. The crap thing which my university lectures expects me to document in the dissertation. Anyway, I have followed Xterm programming in my project. But I need to justify why I used it for my project. Since the project is based on embedded system I believe it was more relevant. But I cant just say that.

If it was something like an OOP then I could have followed with standard approach such as water fall or something perhaps used UML. But I am using C and its modular approach. What methodology would be more relevant for modular project like what I have now.

Or how would you justify xterm programming is more appropriate for embedded programming project.

Thanks a lot

ssharish

brewbuck
03-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Can you give a link to this "xterm methodology" because I've never heard of that.

rags_to_riches
03-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Could he/she mean Extreme Programming methodology?

ssharish2005
03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Can you give a link to this "xterm methodology" because I've never heard of that.

My bad, it is a spelling mistake it should have been Extreme programming.

ssharish

brewbuck
03-27-2008, 11:45 AM
My bad, it is a spelling mistake it should have been Extreme programming.

ssharish

And here I was thinking that xterm isn't just a terminal emulator for X11 -- it's a whole software development paradigm! :cool:

laserlight
03-27-2008, 11:54 AM
Or how would you justify (extreme) programming is more appropriate for embedded programming project.
I am not sure if contrasting with OOP is a good idea since OOP could be used for embedded programming, and things like a test driven approach would be facilitated by the many unit test frameworks around that are written in object oriented programming languages.

You could cite the XP emphasis on simple design, writing code that just works, and then assert that this is suitable for embedded programming since it (at least theoretically) avoids code and feature bloat.

And here I was thinking that xterm isn't just a terminal emulator for X11 -- it's a whole software development paradigm!
Actually, I thought it might be some novel development methodology used by the xterm developers :o