PDA

View Full Version : Final Year Graduation Project

PING
03-08-2008, 02:57 AM
I have my Final year project coming up and i am horribly confused about what to go for. I have heard of people making image watermarking softwares, database management tools, robotic arms etc. I need suggestions from you people, I am mostly looking at something to do with networks or image processing. If you people have had projects in your curriculum, I'd like to hear about them too :) Thank You.

h3ro
03-08-2008, 09:03 PM
RayTracing
Non photo realistic rendering (eg toon shading)
Finding information in a picture

whiteflags
03-08-2008, 10:02 PM
Something with networks... a bare-bones IRC client?

ting
03-08-2008, 10:35 PM
definitely not 3d scanner...painful experience

something software; if rely on hardware you always have that uncertainty about whether the parts will arrive on time once you ordered it. pay big money for them, but will eventually go into trash can; that's what happen to our project. won 1st place, displayed for one year, replaced by later projects, and eventually trashed. *sob*

something that people are willing to pay for, not just for demo, such as 3d games or online database application. no parts, no wait. and once done it is to go with you in your laptop.

our 2nd yr project was a electromagnetic train. nice project. but who would hire computer engineers to develop electromagnetic train in reality? i think it is better to look deeper into yourself, asking what you will be doing with the skills learned. mine is in c/c++, so it would be opengl, ai, networking, compiler, and such. You have your call in life.

--ting

Thantos
03-08-2008, 11:06 PM
We are doing micromouse (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micromouse) and it is a lot of fun/work.

Perspective
03-08-2008, 11:59 PM
semantic search engine

DavidP
03-09-2008, 02:10 AM
you could try making a game that is fully peer-to-peer. in other words, no player or host acts as the server.

Link_26
03-19-2008, 08:42 AM
Create true AI

abachler
03-19-2008, 08:45 AM
A fully automated hydroponics system that controls all the environmental aspects, temperature, humidity, air circulation, nutrient levls, and light period via a LAN.

I got an A, you should too.

Really though we need to know what level youa re finishing? Associate, bachelor, masters, ro PhD? What will get you an A for bachelors will get you laughed at for a masters and probably expelled for a PhD.

laserlight
03-19-2008, 08:50 AM
Really though we need to know what level youa re finishing? Associate, bachelor, masters, ro PhD? What will get you an A for bachelors will get you laughed at for a masters and probably expelled for a PhD.
True, but I had the impression that a PhD project would last the entire duration of the PhD studies, possibly getting a masters degree midway (depending on the course), so it certainly will not be a "final year graduation project".

abachler
03-19-2008, 10:02 AM
One thing I didnt consider was, maybe the OP meant final year of high school