PDA

View Full Version : programming for fun

doubleanti
01-31-2002, 11:48 PM
why not? and then, why not do it so that the user gets as much kick as you did programming it, using it...?

hasafraggin...

Govtcheez
02-01-2002, 08:56 AM
> why not

No time or ideas

> why not do it so that the user gets as much kick as you did programming it, using it...?

I think that should be a goal for everyone making programs, anywhere... (I'd like to think the users using my programs at work experience as much pain using it as I did making it :))

ober
02-01-2002, 09:13 AM
I program for fun, when i have the time... which isn't often... but i'm at the point now where i don't really have any ideas of what to program... and if I do, I'm not sure I could do what my ideas present... lots of learning with not enough time to learn it in.

rick barclay
02-01-2002, 03:43 PM
You can't eat "fun."

rick barclay

-KEN-
02-01-2002, 04:08 PM
>>(I'd like to think the users using my programs at work experience as much pain using it as I did making it )<<

>>that perhaps the same GovtCheeze was the architect of this abomination.<<

Nono, if you ever had to use the compiler he worked with you'd wish torment upon the designers, and that everyone who used your program would come down with ebola. Just a thought.

>>You can't eat "fun."

No, but you can bite me...:) (Wow, I love not making sense)

Prelude
02-01-2002, 04:52 PM
Who says programming isn't fun? I know that everytime I write a program I have fun, regardless of whether or not it gives me trouble.

-Prelude

doubleanti
02-01-2002, 04:56 PM
good say i agree. will some of you show me your visions please? thynk you...

mithrandir
02-02-2002, 04:14 AM
Me: "Okay this code should work - logic's okay, syntax fine"
::Compile::
Me: "1000 errors! YOU PIECE OF ****! WHY I OUGHTA #)*&#)($*(#*$)(#*(*#(*%(#*%(*"
::Throw's computer out of Window::
Me: "Ah problem solved!"

Govtcheez
02-02-2002, 02:43 PM
> you'd wish torment upon the designers, and that everyone who used your program would come down with ebola.

And ruin upon their families. Don't forget that one.