Thread: computer bass speaker

  1. #1
    Sir Mister Insane Sako Klinerr1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002

    computer bass speaker

    i saw this on my friends computer and it amplifies the bass from when you play music. his brother got it a while ago for him. i thoguht it was pretty cool i was thinking itd be cool to get one. he says he just called it the "bass" anyone know what im talking about, anyone know what is actually called or where i might find one?
    Email: || AIM: MisterSako || MSN:

    -the shroom has spoken

  2. #2
    Registered User TravisS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    This has to be one of the weirdest things I've read in a long time...

    It's called a subwoofer, or just woofer. It's generally just a stand alone cube that you can place wherever you want. You could pick up a new speaker set with a subwoofer for very cheap.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    I agree with TravisS, on all accounts. A subwoofer is a pretty popular and common thing in audio.

    A computer is just another input for your receiver/preamp+amp combo IMO.
    The world is waiting. I must leave you now.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 34
    Last Post: 02-26-2006, 01:16 PM
  2. Major Computer Problem
    By Olidivera in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 11:15 AM
  3. Tabbed Windows with MDI?
    By willc0de4food in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 05-19-2005, 10:58 PM
  4. Computer will not boot.
    By RealityFusion in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 09-10-2004, 04:05 PM
  5. Regarding Undergraduate Computer Majors
    By UnregdRegd in forum A Brief History of
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-04-2003, 11:55 AM