VC++ 2008 download to save

This is a discussion on VC++ 2008 download to save within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; In order to install VC++ 2008 you have to download it. But if the install go wrong you have to ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    816

    VC++ 2008 download to save

    In order to install VC++ 2008 you have to download it.

    But if the install go wrong you have to download it again and again.

    Does anybody know in what folder it is downloading?
    It could be in a temp folder i guess...

  2. #2
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    6,667
    What program are you using to do the download?????

    The folder used for downloading (if any) depends on what program you're using to do the download (eg a browser, a FTP client, a download manager, ....).

    If you're using windows, you might have a look at the TEMP and TMP environment variables for some indication, but keep in mind there no guarantee that all downloading programs will use those locations.

    Some programs will -- depending on settings -- also delete the downloaded file if there is a failure downloading, so the question of what temporary folder is used is a moot point; other programs can support restarting in some circumstances.

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    In order to install VC++ 2008 you have to download it.

    But if the install go wrong you have to download it again and again.
    Only if you run install directly from web

    You can ask to download installer "for later install"
    Then you will get your "local" installer that can be installed as many times as you need without redownloading it
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    816
    Thanks for the answers, i use firefox with MSXP.

    "You can ask to download installer "for later install""

    Thanks for the tip i found it.
    Last edited by Ducky; 02-24-2008 at 04:22 AM.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Console window in VC 2008
    By swgh in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-05-2008, 04:13 PM
  2. Save vs Save As.... OPENFILENAME flags
    By csonx_p in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 06-01-2008, 03:42 PM
  3. save webpage? some save some not
    By kryptkat in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-07-2005, 10:21 AM
  4. Request for comments
    By Prelude in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 01-02-2004, 10:33 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21