Getting out of Stealth?

This is a discussion on Getting out of Stealth? within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; I found a code on the internets that puts the window into stealth. Im just wondering now, if anyone knows ...

  1. #1
    Registered User bradszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    114

    Getting out of Stealth?

    I found a code on the internets that puts the window into stealth. Im just wondering now, if anyone knows how to get it OUT of stealth?
    Code:
        HWND stealth;
        AllocConsole();
        stealth=FindWindowA("ConsoleWindowClass",NULL);
        ShowWindow(stealth,0);
    Thanks.

  2. #2
    Sweet
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1,812

  3. #3
    Registered User bradszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    114
    That link would help me if I knew how to use it.

  4. #4
    C++まいる!Cをこわせ!
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    23,012
    And how is it so hard? What is it that you don't understand about ShowWindow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adak View Post
    io.h certainly IS included in some modern compilers. It is no longer part of the standard for C, but it is nevertheless, included in the very latest Pelles C versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salem View Post
    You mean it's included as a crutch to help ancient programmers limp along without them having to relearn too much.

    Outside of your DOS world, your header file is meaningless.

  5. #5
    Registered User bradszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    114
    You mean i'd type:
    Code:
    ShowWindow(SW_RETURN);
    And everythings fine? No, it's not. I don't know how to call the function properly. That code gives me plenty of errors. If you guys could show me an example, or tell me where on that webpage it says how to call the function, that would be great.

  6. #6
    C++ Witch laserlight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    22,269
    Moved to Windows programming forum.
    C + C++ Compiler: MinGW port of GCC
    Version Control System: Bazaar

    Look up a C++ Reference and learn How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

  7. #7
    Registered User bradszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    114
    Thanks laser. ALSO, even if I can get it to compile, doesn't mean it's going to work.
    Last edited by bradszy; 02-18-2008 at 03:56 AM.

  8. #8
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  9. #9
    Registered User bradszy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    114
    Sorry I didn't see that. Thankyou.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Run an application in stealth mode
    By manoj96067 in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-27-2009, 07:07 AM
  2. mini-ITX stealth computers
    By major_small in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-28-2003, 10:19 PM
  3. Window Less Execution
    By RaviRaj in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-31-2002, 02:39 AM
  4. about stealth
    By Unregistered in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-04-2002, 07:40 AM
  5. Hey Stealth
    By Betazep in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-02-2002, 03:48 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21