Registry keys

This is a discussion on Registry keys within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Hello everybody, can you please tell me if it is possible to hide a registry key entry using plain ansi ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12

    Registry keys

    Hello everybody, can you please tell me if it is possible to hide a registry key entry using plain ansi c/c++, without using at all the winddk?
    Thank you in advance

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    you do not need the ddk to work with registry, but you need the Win API
    ANSI C does not know what is registry - it is windows specific, so probably - no

    What do you mean by "hide"?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    12
    well by hide i mean make it invincible to the user, for example when the user use regedit or another similar command or tool to be unable to find the registry entry that i have hide
    By the way,i know that the question sounds malicious , i dont want to harm anyone or cause any troubles.
    Thank you

  4. #4
    Cat without Hat CornedBee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    8,892
    It's not possible. You can read-protect your stuff from less privileged users, but you can't hide from an equal privilege level. Unless you get into the stuff which will make me delete this thread.
    All the buzzt!
    CornedBee

    "There is not now, nor has there ever been, nor will there ever be, any programming language in which it is the least bit difficult to write bad code."
    - Flon's Law

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Writing registry keys in windows
    By samus250 in forum C Programming
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-29-2008, 01:43 PM
  2. Registry Keys
    By cgod in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-12-2004, 04:12 AM
  3. Registry Keys in C++
    By Apoc in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-21-2004, 09:46 PM
  4. Recusively delete registry keys
    By SMurf in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-22-2004, 10:24 PM
  5. Interesting Registry Stuff (Keys, Values, etc.)
    By civix in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-27-2003, 08:58 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21