Determining Logged On Users

This is a discussion on Determining Logged On Users within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Hey, a quick question (these things are never quick, are they?). Does anyone know how to determine what users are ...

  1. #1
    Registered User mikeman118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    183

    Determining Logged On Users

    Hey, a quick question (these things are never quick, are they?). Does anyone know how to determine what users are logged on? For example, say I had User 1 and User 2. User 2 was logged but inactive, and I was on User 1. How would I determine that User 1 was currently being used? I don't know if that's possible, but any help would be appreciated.

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User Codeplug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    4,607
    Here's more info....
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa378737.aspx

    If you just want to know the user name that associated with your app:
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724432.aspx

    gg

  4. #4
    Registered User mikeman118's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    183
    Thanks vart and CodePlug, that works perfectly!

    BTW, if you guys remember, what exactly did you search for? Maybe I don't know what to search for, but I tried and couldn't find anything.

  5. #5
    Registered User kryptkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    638
    also ctrl + alt + del and click tab that says "user" as a quickie

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Function validation.
    By Fhl in forum C Programming
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-22-2006, 07:18 AM
  2. Finding users on a network and messaging them.
    By Necrodeemer in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2003, 02:04 PM
  3. Windows ntfs perms
    By wp_x in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-04-2003, 05:38 AM
  4. Help to list the logged on users
    By lsme in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-19-2003, 10:50 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21