windows service

This is a discussion on windows service within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; I need to make a program run as a windows service, but I only have visual c++ 6.0, and I ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    23

    windows service

    I need to make a program run as a windows service, but I only have visual c++ 6.0, and I don't think it has a template for this.
    How can I create a windows service from scratch?

    thanks a lot,
    esaptonor

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    As I see - there is a template...
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...c9(VS.80).aspx
    And also a link how to write it from scratch...

    Have you tried to use search before posting?
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    23
    I did search this forum for windows service related threads, but I did not see any that related.
    I also look through MSDN, but I was looking for c++ related pages, not .NET, which you have found.
    I found http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...wx(vs.80).aspx
    but it doesn't have how to do it in c++ without the template. Also, the template you found is for visual c++ 8, not the old version I am using (6)

    Are you able to quickly tell me how to do it with c++? because I have no knowledge of .NET.
    If you can't, I will try and see if I can make something work.
    Last edited by esaptonor; 06-30-2007 at 11:13 PM.

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    23
    Ok, thanks a lot. Ill check it out.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Windows Messenger service.
    By myk_raniu in forum Networking/Device Communication
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-25-2006, 04:00 AM
  2. Virtual keys
    By Arkanos in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-12-2005, 09:00 AM
  3. writing a windows service
    By talz13 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 06:32 AM
  4. windows service + hooks + dll
    By rotis23 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-04-2003, 07:06 AM
  5. IE 6 status bar
    By DavidP in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 10-23-2002, 05:31 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21