'browse for file' dialog box?

This is a discussion on 'browse for file' dialog box? within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; I have a text field, where the user can type in the location of the text file they want to ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    23

    'browse for file' dialog box?

    I have a text field, where the user can type in the location of the text file they want to open, but I also want the user to be able to click a browse button and have one of them dialog boxes open up that let you find the file by browsing yourself.
    I understand that there is something called CFileDialog in MFC, but I can not use MFC, so is there an alternative way to do this?

    thanks a lot,
    esaptonor

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,424
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    23
    hey thanks a lot man, I must have missed that when I was looking. Thats exactly what I am after

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-13-2008, 01:59 PM
  2. Parent of a BrowseForFolder dialog box
    By @nthony in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 01:54 PM
  3. Display Dialog Box Then Execute
    By stickman in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-10-2006, 11:02 AM
  4. New Theme
    By XSquared in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 160
    Last Post: 04-01-2004, 07:00 PM
  5. Tab Controls - API
    By -KEN- in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-02-2002, 09:44 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21