What system call use the CreateThread Function of borland?

This is a discussion on What system call use the CreateThread Function of borland? within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; In an above post is commented the following one" With __beginthreadex(), the multithreaded versions of the std libs are linked ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    1

    What system call use the CreateThread Function of borland?

    In an above post is commented the following one"

    With __beginthreadex(), the multithreaded versions of the std libs are linked instead of the standard versions......then it calls CreateThread() to create the thread itself.......


    my doubt is that what is the difference between the call beginthreadex and the call CreateTrhead of Borland. Or in another way , what system CAll uses Borland when you create a class TThread?


    thanks very much
    antonio farfan

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,471
    CreateThread is WinAPI function
    beginthreadex is CRT function - it initializes CRT vars for using in MT envirounmemnt and then calls CreateThread function to actually create the thread
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    and the hat of wrongness Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,434
    Split from this 5 year old thread - Sharing memory Thread<->Process
    Please read the rules.
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Undefined Reference Compiling Error
    By AlakaAlaki in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-27-2008, 11:45 AM
  2. dllimport function not allowed
    By steve1_rm in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-11-2008, 03:33 AM
  3. doubt in c parser coding
    By akshara.sinha in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 12:49 PM
  4. Problem with Visual C++ Object-Oriented Programming Book.
    By GameGenie in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-29-2005, 11:21 PM
  5. C system call and library call
    By Coconut in forum C Programming
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-22-2002, 11:20 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21