How to make an OCX...

This is a discussion on How to make an OCX... within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Does anyone know of any working c/c++ win32 (NO MFC!) examples on making an ActiveX control? (Yes, I've been looking ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Queatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,342

    How to make an OCX...

    Does anyone know of any working c/c++ win32 (NO MFC!) examples on making an ActiveX control? (Yes, I've been looking on google, but I still can't find anything.)
    Last edited by Queatrix; 06-03-2007 at 09:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Registered User Joelito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tijuana, BC, México
    Posts
    308
    Isn't OCX just for Visual Basic? OCXs in C|C++ are called DLLs..well...As far I know... I could be wrong
    * PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with xfce4.
    * Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with xfce4.

  3. #3
    Registered User Tonto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    1,465
    What about ATL?

    ╔╗╔╦══╦╗╔╦══╦╗
    ║╚╝║╔╗║╚╝║╔╗║║
    ║╔╗║╠╣║╔╗║╠╣╠╣
    ╚╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╩╝╚╩╝

    codez http://code.google.com/p/zxcvbn/

  4. #4
    Registered User Queatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,342
    What's ALT? (I'm pretty sure you're not reffering to the one on the keyboard.)

  5. #5
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    not Alt - ATL - ActiveTemplateLibrary http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...de(VS.80).aspx
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  6. #6
    Registered User Queatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    1,342
    ATL is fine. (I'm currently looking at the link you gave, but my query remains. )

    EDIT:

    Gauh, no ATL!
    This is looking glum, I can't make an ocx!
    Last edited by Queatrix; 06-05-2007 at 06:34 PM.

  7. #7
    Registered User Joelito's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Tijuana, BC, México
    Posts
    308
    I told you...OCXs are for VB
    * PC: Intel Core 2 DUO E6550 @ 2.33 GHz with 2 GB RAM: Archlinux-i686 with xfce4.
    * Laptop: Intel Core 2 DUO T6600 @ 2.20 GHz with 4 GB RAM: Archlinux-x86-64 with xfce4.

  8. #8
    Registered Abuser
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    591
    You may find the following informative: COM on wiki.
    Particularly the link at the bottom: Step-By-Step Comm tutorial

  9. #9
    Registered User pronecracker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    netherlands
    Posts
    158
    Quote Originally Posted by Joelito View Post
    I told you...OCXs are for VB
    So you should be able to create one with C++, because it should be possible to create a control in C/C++ for use in VB, shouldn't it?

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. How to make a Packet sniffer/filter?
    By shown in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-22-2009, 09:51 PM
  2. "Cannot make pipe"
    By crepincdotcom in forum C Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-16-2004, 01:43 PM
  3. HELP!wanting to make full screen game windowed
    By rented in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-11-2004, 05:19 AM
  4. make all rule
    By duffy in forum C Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-11-2003, 02:05 PM
  5. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-20-2002, 07:35 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21