SHFileOperation

This is a discussion on SHFileOperation within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Hi, I need to learn more about using SHFileOperation function in C program. Please, if you can provide me with ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    130

    SHFileOperation

    Hi,

    I need to learn more about using SHFileOperation function in C program.
    Please, if you can provide me with refs or any examples, I would appreciate
    that.

  2. #2
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    When I opened this post and read it, I didn't recognize this function.

    I figured it looked like a Windows API function, but I went to google first.

    This was the first hit: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...asp?frame=true

    Learn how to search. It will seriously make you a better a programmer.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGyver View Post
    When I opened this post and read it, I didn't recognize this function.

    I figured it looked like a Windows API function, but I went to google first.

    This was the first hit: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en...asp?frame=true

    Learn how to search. It will seriously make you a better a programmer.
    Thanks for the link, but I am still asking if you can provide me with C program that uses shfileoperation.

  4. #4
    Deathray Engineer MacGyver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    3,211
    Um, sorry, but I just searched and retrieved the link for you, and now you want me to learn about the function, guess at what you want to do with it, and then write the code for you?

    Sorry, I don't feel like doing this kind of homework today.

  5. #5
    and the hat of wrongness Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,451
    Moved to correct forum, it's a win32 API question.

    @Moony. MSDN has many examples of most things, if you care enough to go looking for them.
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

  6. #6
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,473
    http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms645747.aspx

    A full sample that demonstrates the extension of IFileOperation is included in the Windows Software Development Kit (SDK). In a default installation, it can be found at %ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SDKs\v6.0\Samples\WinUI\Shell\AppPlatform\FileOper ations.
    IFileOperation Interface

    Exposes methods to copy, move, rename, create, and delete Shell items as well as methods to provide progress and error dialogs. This interface replaces the SHFileOperation function.
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  7. #7
    Malum in se abachler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,189
    Quote Originally Posted by Moony View Post
    Hi,

    I need to learn more about using SHFileOperation function in C program.
    Please, if you can provide me with refs or any examples, I would appreciate
    that.
    the MSDN page http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/de...eoperation.asp is pretty clear on its use.
    Until you can build a working general purpose reprogrammable computer out of basic components from radio shack, you are not fit to call yourself a programmer in my presence. This is cwhizard, signing off.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. SHFileOperation exception
    By geek@02 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-02-2004, 07:56 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-22-2004, 02:10 AM
  3. SHELL - SHFileOperation
    By geek@02 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-26-2004, 01:49 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21