using Excel to connect to external data source

This is a discussion on using Excel to connect to external data source within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Hello everyone, I am learning how to use Excel to connect to other external data source (like database). What I ...

  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579

    using Excel to connect to external data source

    Hello everyone,


    I am learning how to use Excel to connect to other external data source (like database). What I want to do is to develop a plug-in for Excel and automatically access external data source, then display it in Excel tables.

    Are there learning resource? I have tried to search in MSDN, but can not find any learning resources.


    thanks in advance,
    George

  2. #2
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,470
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579
    Hi vart,


    Quote Originally Posted by vart View Post
    Are there any articles dedicated to Excel programming to retrieve data from external data source? I can not find one from the link you recommended. Thanks.


    regards,
    George

  4. #4
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,470
    This http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ew(VS.80).aspx seems to be what you are looking for
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    1,579
    Good stuff, thank you vart!


    Quote Originally Posted by vart View Post
    This http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...ew(VS.80).aspx seems to be what you are looking for

    regards,
    George

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. Data Organization and Excel
    By uniqst3r in forum C Programming
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 05-26-2008, 01:37 AM
  2. HUGE fps jump
    By DavidP in forum Game Programming
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 07-01-2004, 10:36 AM
  3. C diamonds and perls :)
    By Carlos in forum A Brief History of Cprogramming.com
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-16-2003, 10:19 PM
  4. gcc problem
    By bjdea1 in forum Linux Programming
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-29-2002, 06:51 PM
  5. ODBC Local Data source?
    By Robert602 in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2002, 09:33 AM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21