MSVC project question

This is a discussion on MSVC project question within the Windows Programming forums, part of the Platform Specific Boards category; Hello.. I'm working on a solution that has 2 applications that depend each on another. (2 programs) What I want ...

  1. #1
    l2u
    l2u is offline
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    630

    MSVC project question

    Hello..

    I'm working on a solution that has 2 applications that depend each on another. (2 programs)

    What I want to do is a multiproject inside a solution (more projects). Im unsure how to do this - some source files are the same for both applications. Is there any tutorial that shows this or you know of any sample solution that uses that kind of approach?

    I'm first time doing that kind of project, so any help would be much appreciated!

    Should I just create 2 projects in my solution and thats all?

    Best regards and thanks for help

  2. #2
    and the hat of wrongness Salem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    The edge of the known universe
    Posts
    32,548
    Well a solution is a collection of projects as far as I know, so it seems like a good idea to me.
    If you dance barefoot on the broken glass of undefined behaviour, you've got to expect the occasional cut.
    If at first you don't succeed, try writing your phone number on the exam paper.
    I support http://www.ukip.org/ as the first necessary step to a free Europe.

  3. #3
    CSharpener vart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rishon LeZion, Israel
    Posts
    6,484
    I would put the common files in the 3rd project - static library and will use it in both "main" projects
    all 3 project would be put into the same solution
    The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time,
    the last 10% takes the other 90% of the time.

Popular pages Recent additions subscribe to a feed

Similar Threads

  1. can not create Visual C++ Smart Device project
    By George2 in forum Tech Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 05:20 AM
  2. renaming a project created with MSVC 6
    By Bleech in forum Windows Programming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-31-2006, 12:19 AM
  3. I need help to compile this code...
    By wise_ron in forum C Programming
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 05-07-2006, 12:22 PM
  4. Question about MSVC
    By Fool in forum C++ Programming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-15-2001, 04:03 PM

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21